• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

liquid Amino Acids -

Ema

I'm sure there are others here who know more about this topic than I do...but here is my 2 cents anyway!

I would look for free form amino acids as opposed to those derived from protein because they are supposedly easier to digest and more bioavailable.

This is the product my doctor recommends in her practice...you might look to see how it compares to products you are considering.

http://www.healthbeyondhype.com/premier-research-labs/mediaminos-rice-75-lb-p-275.html

Also, I don't love the preservatives in the liquid aminos (seems especially odd to list preservatives and then make a blanket statement two paragraphs down about being free of preservatives!).

I definitely think aminos have a place in re-building both muscles and neurotransmitters.

Ema

thanks, for replying, I don't know much at all about amino. how long have you been on yours? have you noticed any benefits yet?

I'm in the UK so not sure I can buy the same one you're on. Did you have your amino levels checked before you started supplementing?
thanks