New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

liquid Amino Acids -

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by ottiebow, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ottiebow

ottiebow

Hello

I'm thinking of trying some liquid amino acids as my protein intake is generally low due to high nausea. My fatigue is terrible and thought these might help.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=617&prodid=275&cid=2

I don't know much about amino acids but does this product look ok or is it too lower doses? I don't think my dr would be willing to test to see which ones I am low in.

Your help would be much appreciated

2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I'm sure there are others here who know more about this topic than I do...but here is my 2 cents anyway!

I would look for free form amino acids as opposed to those derived from protein because they are supposedly easier to digest and more bioavailable.

This is the product my doctor recommends in her practice...you might look to see how it compares to products you are considering.

http://www.healthbeyondhype.com/premier-research-labs/mediaminos-rice-75-lb-p-275.html

Also, I don't love the preservatives in the liquid aminos (seems especially odd to list preservatives and then make a blanket statement two paragraphs down about being free of preservatives!).

I definitely think aminos have a place in re-building both muscles and neurotransmitters.

Ema

3. ottiebow

ottiebow

thanks, for replying, I don't know much at all about amino. how long have you been on yours? have you noticed any benefits yet?

I'm in the UK so not sure I can buy the same one you're on. Did you have your amino levels checked before you started supplementing?
    thanks

See more popular forum discussions.