1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lipkin: Notice of CFS Specimen Availability

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Firestormm, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Posted for information and general comment of course.
    SOC and heapsreal like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Excellent. It was really sensible of Lipkin to do his study in a way which would leave behind some resources which could be of use to others.

As ever with CFS, there will be uncertainty over the criteria used, what sub-typing can be usefully done, and so on... but it looks like this was done with an awareness of these problems and attempting to address them as best they could.
    taniaaust1, GhostGum, Simon and 2 others like this.
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    I think it is something of a shame that these samples are finite :) given that the entry criteria appeared as thorough as could be hoped for (IMO) and as any we have (I have) seen to date.

I do hope of course that the applications (should any be received :eek:) use the samples productively: as do we all I guess. Presumably, Lipkin and Hornig (?) will be using similar criteria and assessments when producing their samples for the NGS research.
  4. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    I agree.

I would hate to see any of these samples wasted on some half-brained study aimed at proving we don't have XXX and therefore must have some psychological problem.
    ukxmrv likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.