1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lipkin and Hornig go hunting for ME/CFS pathogens

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK

Good catch! And here's a good quote:

Both Dr. Lipkin, who is a board certified neurologist, and Dr. Hornig, who is a board certified psychiatrist, stress that while they believe ME/CFS is a neuropsychiatric disorder because of the problems with concentration, memory and autonomic nervous system involvement, they do not consider it psychosomatic.
    “It’s very difficult in my mind to make this a psychological disorder,” said Dr. Hornig,“We do patients a disservice if we focus solely on secondary phenomena of being disabled or being unable to carry on life to your capacity – that shouldn’t ever be viewed as being the primary problem.”
    Firestormm and Simon like this.
  2. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Just thought a prompt here about the alert Sasha had earlier about the CDC telephone conference involving Lipkin on 10 September might be appropriate to this thread. Don't know if he will update re: progress but I it might be mentioned.
    Sasha likes this.
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Thanks Johnny :)

Not a source I am familiar with. It's an extensive interview - and I did wonder if it came from somewhere else: but apparently not. What an excellent blog. I must have read it - know I did - but can't remember! Though you are correct it was November 2011 apparently.
  4. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Senior Member

Thanks Firestormm, always nice to read it again in any case -- especially with the CDC conference call coming up on September 10. Lipkins discussion title does not mince words: “Infection and Immunity in CFS”
    merylg and Sasha like this.
  5. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hello. on the x rx blog, it says that it was implied in january that dr. lipkin's lab may have found a "novel pathogen". i realize this was quite a while ago, but has anyone heard any more about this? i have been out of the loop
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK

No more news.

Have you seen this:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...erence-call-including-unger-and-lipkin.24743/

We're not expecting any big announcements (that would take publication and a press conference) but it might be interesting.
    Simon likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.