• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Links between CFS & Aspergers?

andyguitar

Sure and i remember doing some volutary work at a place like that. But the pupils were very severly affected and i dont remember any who had the more mild ADHD type symptoms.

Mithriel

My uncle, born 1926 went to a "special school" because of stomach problems that were probably coeliac disease. I never heard the details, but he was an adult of normal intelligence and behaviour, so those children were not necessarily severely affected.

Float

This is an old post I'm commenting on, but I would like to add an answer for the original question. To me it seems very simple that autistic/aspergers burn out, could result in multi system dysregulation and dysautonomia. Living with neurodiversity in a neurotypical world, can be a great psychological and physical burden
, that could definitely result in symptoms of CFS.