• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Link to my story in the Irish Independent (October 30)

Tom Kindlon

'No one chooses to have ME - everything changed when I became ill'

As a new study suggests that ME can be beaten through therapy and exercise, long-term sufferer Tom Kindlon says it's not that simple

http://www.independent.ie/life/heal...thing-changed-when-i-became-ill-34153140.html
This was written in a bit of a rush. They contacted me Wednesday afternoon around 3pm and wanted it by lunchtime the next day. I was asked to tell my story rather than write a long political or scientific piece.

They also had to edit down quite a lot of what I said to fit the space they had.

Denise

This was written in a bit of a rush. They contacted me Wednesday afternoon around 3pm and wanted it by lunchtime the next day. I was asked to tell my story rather than write a long political or scientific piece.

They also had to edit down quite a lot of what I said to fit the space they had.

Thank you very very much for using scant reserves to write this!

Would you be willing to share the unedited version?

Denise

Not sure I should as they are paying me for this and probably wouldn't want me to (I will be giving the money to the Irish ME/CFS Association as I have done previously when I was paid for interviews and the like).

I understand.

Tom Kindlon

Thank you very very much for using scant reserves to write this!

Would you be willing to share the unedited version?
I just checked. In my initial submission, I mentioned that some people were at my worst level long term which didn't make it into the final version. Also, I mentioned (in what I submitted) I was lucky living at home with my parents who did all the basic activities freeing me up to use my energy as I wanted and that other people struggled trying to raise children, prepare food, maintain their house, etc. But I suppose it was only supposed to be my story.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I wish they had told you how much space they had so that you could have decided what was most important to say in the space allotted. It is a very good article.