Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Link to last night's panel discussion at Berkeley with Dr David Tuller and Prof Ron Davis

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Feb 21, 2018.

1. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Such claims go back to the 90s or even 80s. This is not the first time. What is interesting is this happened during development of an animal model.

pibee likes this.
  2. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

East Coast USA
    Appreciate the panel members and Ron Davis' participation and research update.

His opening comments [5:20 - 9:20 on video] are worth a listen; he notes the collection of vast amounts of data since his appearance in the film UNREST.

Data analysis is revealing patterns of heterogeneity in how ME/CFS is "expressed." He's still pretty optimistic they can trace it back to a single cause, however, hence a focus on cause not heterogeneity.

Hearing this I thought it might tie in with Step 1 of Dr. Naviaux's 3-Step Treatment Strategy presented at the Community Symposium:

1. Remove the CDR trigger if still present
    2. Refill the metabolic tank
    3. Use antipurinergic therapy

@Cinders66 I agree with you about the compassion and dedication. A stellar International Working Group of researchers, sharing data, involving the patient community, working collaboratively, open to input....so much to be grateful for!

Edit: Link at 17:43 on Naviaux's presentation:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    ljimbo423 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.