1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Link between vaccines and ME/CFS?

Discussion in 'Information and Resources' started by Tito, May 29, 2012.

1. Tito

Tito Senior Member

Hello,
    I am looking for scientific publications on a potential link between vaccines and CFS. What I found on the net is anecdotal stories but I'm looking for some proper studies. Has anyone heard about those studies?
    Thanks a lot
    Tito
  2. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    This has been brought up before in other threads if you search for vaccines or vaccination, there is one paper that weakly links Hep B vaccine to CFS. Since this is the newest thread about vaccines I wanted to share some info an old friend in Germany told me last night: his gf came down with a bout of CFS that lasted a couple of years after receiving vaccination against the meningo-encephalitis transferred by tics. It is a serious disease and much worse in its acute phase than lyme although lyme has been more and more on the radar as well. Anyhow, back to the story, she could link it directly to the vaccine as she got an immediate reaction (flu-like) and then developed CFS. She is mostly recovered today though mild symptoms may linger.
  3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    There haven't been any good large-scale studies unfortunately. The following article could be interesting, but I don't have access to it at the moment.
    "The Common Immunogenic Etiology of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: From Infections to Vaccines via Adjuvants to the ASIA Syndrome"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22054760
  4. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Hell...Hath...No...Fury.. Senior Member

England
    Thanks for that link about ASIA. I'd never heard of it before. Has there ever been a poll on here to discover vaccine links? I had the virus first, then a few months later tetanus and reacted immediately to the tetanus spreading from the injection site. Within a couple of weeks, fitness instructor to jelly legs, to paralysed legs to near corpse for many years.
    Weirdly when I was having a disability medical, the 'people' they have to come an 'assess' you, really took note of the mention of tetanus being the triggering/tipping point. Some spark of interest flashed across his face and I later discovered that ATOS also deal with claims for vaccine damages.... would love to know what they might know but he seemed to understand where I was coming from after mentioning that!
  5. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Hell...Hath...No...Fury.. Senior Member

England

Wouldn't trust the powers that be with any vaccination.
  6. Tito

Tito Senior Member

Thanks folks ;-)
  7. Marg

Marg Senior Member

Wetumpka Alabama
    Hmmm, my husband was in the military and I had vaccines before going and kept them up while there and after returning from Europe in five years in case we would go back. A few years later I started having a lot of allergies and then the injections of evey grass, tree and weed they give for seven years. I stopped when I got too sick to go. What did all that do to my immune system????

See more popular forum discussions.