1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Light Sensitive

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by Carrigon, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    Light hurts. It just plain stabs into my eyes. And lately, for no reason, it's just been worse. Like I feel like I need sunglasses 24/7.

The sound sensitivity is bad, too. But now the light is bugging me just as much.
  2. Marg

Marg Senior Member

Wetumpka Alabama
    I have gone through stages of that, first when I was frist sick in the 90's I wore sunglasses in the house. I have also noticed this when I am detoxing they hurt more. At one time I had burn lines where laugh are lines in the outside cornors of my eyes. The stuff was actually burning my skin. I had no idea what it was and my then doctor called my attention to it. I hava also noticed if I have on reading glasses the glasses get gunky..sort of like steamed over from the gunk. I have read that toxins come out the mucus membranes. I find that some kind of artifical tears help wash away the gunk and help the burning. it took a while to findthe rught one.. Fun huh? Are were ready for another "Exorcist" movie? My tongue, roof of mouth and now lips burn if I am in a detox mode. I am with Rich Vank's Simplified program to correct the methylation cycle block. I have been doing it over a year now and the deoxing is happening. The burning is so annoying but not painful.
  3. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    I spent sunny days inside with the blinds drawn. Everyone else delights in the sunshine- not me. I delight in living in rainy Vancouver, where I can bear to have the curtains open when it's overcast, hence my agreement with the whole turnip discussion. Sometimes I feel like a root vegetable.....
  4. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    Have you had your seratonon level checked? Sound and light sensitivity can be from low levels.

See more popular forum discussions.