1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

leukopenia and neutropenia

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by santi, Jan 18, 2014.

1. santi

santi

My blood test revealed just after the onset a mid leukopenia (specifically neutropenia, the other cells were normal). I had as low as 2500 white blood cells per square millimeter, while normal is above 4000 depending on lab. Before the onset I had normal values on all analysis. Now I have them always marginally low and sometimes just above 3000.

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    When I did not recover completely from my initiating 'flu', I went back to the health service twice to inform them of the fact. Both time I was told that my temperature and white count were low (low, mind you, not normal), so I could not be sick. :bang-head:

The last time I had a CBC, all of the counts were normal although some were in the lower end of the normal range.

3. santi

santi

As far as I know, white cells or lymphocytes are subdivided into several types: B, T (CD4+, CD8+) and NK. Testing for them individually should reveal more about the fact I guess.

4. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    True. For example, although my lymphocytes are normal according to a CBC, my CD8+ cells are way low and my CD4+ cells are high. My GP would never have detected that and continued to tell me there's nothing wrong with me despite my plethora of symptoms. Sheesh!

See more popular forum discussions.