• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Letters from the 'Secret Files' on ME locked away until 2071

Countrygirl

http://vactruth.com/2012/10/06/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-vaccinations/

The above is a blog that contains a link to some of the material that is part of the so-called Secret Files locked away under the Official Secrets’ Act until 2071. It contains a number of letters from post-grad student Doris Jones and the MRC. I was in contact with her in the early 90s and if I recall correctly she was working on her MSc and aiming for a PhD at the time. She was researching the cause of ME and was particularly interested in the role of antibiotics and vaccinations in the causation of the disease. She alerted me to the dangers of septrin which I had been taking regularly for several years and she put me in contact with two people with ME who started the support group for people who had developed it after taking septrim/Bactrim. I know the pharmaceutical company finally paid them compensation, so they must have accepted some degree of culpability for ME.

I am not, frankly, impressed by the blog itself, but I guess it was written by someone who does not have personal experience of ME.

Here are a couple of quotes from the letters.

“You may agree that in the circumstances an in depth large-scale epidemiological research project into the disorder would seem advisable. Whilst possible consequences for the pharmaceutical industry need to be considered of course, these surely should be offset against not only an incalculable amount of perhaps unnecessary human suffering, but also against what may be a rapidly growing number of middle-aged or even quite young incapacitated, perhaps permanently disabled and STATE BENEFIT Dependent subjects”

“Cases where ME subjects had been vaccinated in the month before developing an infection and/or other health problems which resulted in ME, attracted my particular attention; in some instances there were no infections – an immunization alone seemed to have triggered the onset of ME. There was also a small group who informed me they had received long term corticosteroid treatment for health problems before receiving a vaccination which triggered their illness. Significantly perhaps, adverse reactions to vaccines, drugs as well as sensitivities to chemicals and foods were reported with almost predictable regularity. Results of my study were first shown at the International Conference on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Dublin, in 1994.”

cigana

It has long been my suspicion that the reason behind the classification of these documents is the vaccine issue. It has always striked me as odd that the politics in this disease seem to be so tenaciously against any progress. And with the lead role being played for so long by military pyschiatrist Simon Wessely who is so clearly used by the government to deny any possible biological plausibility to a range of diseases that might implicate the state as culpable. It is not by accident that any scientifst who dares to suggest vaccines might not be wholly safe tends to end up with a career in shreds.

In my opinion no scientific discussion of this neuroimmune illness would be complete without genuine analysis of the role played by vaccinations. The vaccination programme is unlikely to go without its casualties and we already know it is responsible for triggering some percentage of MECFS cases. The question always in the back of my mind is what in percentage does it play a serious role?

Anyone interested in the link between chronic neuro immune illnesses and vaccines might want to read the evidence laid out in Mikovitz's book Plague.