• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Letter Writing

Hysterical Woman

Hi All,

I have read on other threads that people have sent advocacy emails out especially regarding XMRV, and the CFSAC meetings. I am trying to also send out emails. However, I want to send out some snail mail as well hoping that if someone has a piece of paper in their hands that they cannot ignore it as easily.

I started by sending a thank you card to Wanda Jones for getting the live videocast of the CFSAC meeting. Today I sent a letter to V.P. Joe Biden. I choose him because we are both from Delaware and I could start the letter with that connection. I stressed having Sec. Sebelius act on the CFSAC requests, and I talked about my concern for the blood supply.

I want to try to send a couple of letters a week when I can, but would appreciate input about where to get the best bang for the buck. Who would be next? Sec. Sebelius? My Congressional people? Congressional Committee heads? The Washington Post?

Suggestions, please :)

Thanks,

Maxine

SeaShel

Hi Maxine,

I had a very brief conversation with a politically active neighbor. Active enough that she was a delegate to the Presidential candidate national convention.

I off-handedly asked her if she had a connection to Sebilious (sp?) and she said to start with our House reps because of the increased likelihood of actually getting to speak with someone. (i.e. ask for a phone call and/or call their office).

I saw mention someplace here about also including a few sentences to the person actually reading the letter first, thanking them for their work and attention to the cause.

For what it's worth -

Hysterical Woman

Hi Maxine,

I had a very brief conversation with a politically active neighbor. Active enough that she was a delegate to the Presidential candidate national convention.

I off-handedly asked her if she had a connection to Sebilious (sp?) and she said to start with our House reps because of the increased likelihood of actually getting to speak with someone. (i.e. ask for a phone call and/or call their office).

I saw mention someplace here about also including a few sentences to the person actually reading the letter first, thanking them for their work and attention to the cause.

For what it's worth -

Hi Seashel,

Thanks for the information, I will focus on my House reps with phone calls and/or letters. Also, a good suggestion about thanking the person reading the letter (probably not the congressperson themselves).

Take care,

Maxine