• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Letter To DR. OZ

Sunday

I also sent an email to Dr. Oz. Good idea! It would be great if more people understood this as a disease, not a fantasy, and if there were some exposure to the different possiblities available for us.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
THANK YOU, Kelly! You were my #29.
And last night a friend of a friend came in as #30 on my list.

YAY! That's my goal, so I'm done for now.

I'm hoping others will continue on this mission to inspire the most popular and most watched doctor on tv to do a segment on CFS.

Thanks Again to all who sent their emails. XXOX

*GG*

Emails to Oprah and Dr. Oz sent!!

:DI have sent an email message to Oprah and Dr. Oz, thanks for the links, that was easy!:D

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Your welcome, Ginggues! I got a note from Mikie yesterday, saying he would send one too! :cool::cool::cool:

Please pass the word along, as I have, to friends and practitioners.

zoe.a.m.

Dr. Teitelbaum will appear on Dr. Oz on Friday

Hope I haven't posted this in the wrong place/thread.

It's safe to say that I'm pretty underwhelmed by this choice. With all of the exciting science/research taking place in this area, I don't understand why a for-profit Dr./protocol would be his "expert" for CFS.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
I haven't followed all of this thread but Tietelbaum is a poor choice to represent us IMHO. He just comes off as an airy-fairy light weight. The guru for housewives "who are a bit tired". I saw him on British TV recently and he was pants, even though what he was saying wasn't inaccurate. It was just a pants representation of this serious, serious disease.

MEKoan

Oz has a facebook page with discussions. Problem is, there's more than one. We should pick one, as a group, and post about this.

(This seemed way more doable before one of my kids started IMing me from overseas. He's at work and is messaging other people, talking on the phone and IMing me! He's ADD which makes all this totally doable, even comfortable, for him. My head is exploding.)

Anyway, last chance to impact Oz, so to speak. There is no discussion about "CFS" that I could see on the one Facebook page I went to before IMing happened. I went to the show page.

ZZZzzzzzzzt zzzzzt zzzzt