• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Letter To DR. OZ

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Everybody--

I sent off an email to Dr Oz this morning, requesting that he do a show about CFS/ME, given the recent research findings.

I'm hoping that some other people here might consider sending him one too. If he gets multiple letters, maybe he will be more motivated to take it on.
Wouldn't that be great!

Here's the link
http://www.doctoroz.com/plugger?tid=21

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I sent one. I then thought that the Oprah show would be a good forum as well so sent a suggestion there too. Here's the link if anyone wants to do so as well.

Hi islandfinn--

Thanks! That makes three of us so far for both. I'm hoping we can get at least 7 more... Anyone?

MEKoan

Hi All,

There's a conversation going on right now in the Guardian that is not going well. Please see my post in Advocacy area.

Many thanks!!!

KC22

Good idea!!

I just sent my letter to Dr. Oz. Will work on Oprah soon.. It's interesting that we can now say WPI, NCI, and Cleveland Clilnic has research with possible cause and looking into treatment.

Also, I reference it being the number one hit on NYT and googlenews.com. Millions are interested in this topic now.... HOPE!!!

lostinthedesert

Killer, Clown, Priestess
I have no idea who Dr Oz is (lost my TV set years ago) I sent him a letter because I just want to see this information get out there:

Please do a show on the new research by the Whittemore-Peterson Institute and the National Cancer Institute showing a retroviral link to the disease ME/CFS. I have struggled with this illness and the related neuro-immune conditions Fibromyalgia and MCS for decades. Like many others I have lost my career, home and possessions. My relationships with family and friends have been irreparably damaged since many physicians have treated me as if I was a faker and malingerer. This is a common story among those afflicted with these conditions.

The findings of the team at WPI also show that about 4% of the general population are carrying this retrovirus (XMRV). This may have huge implications for public health since we do not know if those who are asymptomatic will eventually develop what is now being termed X Associated Neuro-immune Disease, or XAND, nor do we know the exact transmission modes of XMRV.

I hope you will do a show on this in the very near future and continue to cover this very important medical story.

Sincerely,
my name

A

Aftermath

Yes.

Yes.

Done and sent.

Let's hope that they pick up on this...

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
HEY everybody--

We still could use a few more people to send some emails this week.

Is anybody out there?

Also done! Thanks for the link. Would have done it earlier, but like others, my emotions and attention have been jumping all over the place and it has been hard to focus. '

Thanks for the reminder,
Sushi

RestingInHim

Realist
Hi Everybody--

I sent off an email to Dr Oz this morning, requesting that he do a show about CFS/ME, given the recent research findings.

I'm hoping that some other people here might consider sending him one too. If he gets multiple letters, maybe he will be more motivated to take it on.
Wouldn't that be great!

Here's the link
http://www.doctoroz.com/plugger?tid=21

I just sent one off too! Please also contact FOX News (foxreport@foxnews.com)...since it is the most-watched news on television. This news needs to get out!!

citybug

Letters to Everybody XMRV

Hi, I sent email to whitehouse.gov and working on senators and CDC, and keeping nytimes article on most emailed list. I think we should work on everyone even if short. Anyone who influences getting the CDC and NIH to put the money in. My letter is : Research XMRV...

Dreambirdie

work in progress
THANKS to everyone who has sent an email to Dr. OZ!

So far that is 13 people from this forum, and 5 others--from another forum, making 18 total.

I'm hoping we can get a few more today, to bring the number to 25.

Anybody else out there???

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I just notified my local doctor (who has a bunch of CFS patients) about this, and he will send an email to Dr Oz too.

PLEASE do the same if you can. thanks

Frickly

Dreambirdie

This is a little off topic but does concern Dr. Oz. Dr. Mercola sent out a newsletter today about Dr. Oz's show on the flu vaccine. He posted two videos. One on the show where Dr. Oz gets the seasonal flu vac. The other is an interview afterwards where he says he will get the H1N1 flu vac when it is available to the general public but that his wife and children will not. I thought you might be interested in watching it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/13/Dr-Oz-Helps-Shill-the-Flu-Vaccine.aspx

Take care,

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Yay!

Thank you Bettine. Yes, do spread the word!

So far 25 people have sent emails to Dr. Oz--18 from this forum, the rest being my personal friends.