• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Letter from Kathleen Sebelius???

ixchelkali

At the NIH ME/CFS conference, someone mentioned a letter about ME/CFS from Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm guessing it was in the participants' packets, but I'd love to know what she said. I don't think previous HHS Secretaries have ever mentioned ME/CFS, have they? They haven't replied to the CFS Advisory Committee, at least.

ixchelkali

Thanks, urbantravels, that's just what I wanted. It sounds kind of, well, like it was written by staff, but it's still encouraging. It would be nice if it were a call to find a cause and a cure, but at least it "officially" says it's devastating. A step in the right direction. Twenty-five years late, but that's not her fault. <<looking forward>>