• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Let's Organize a Protest for the Dec. 9 & 10 P2P in Bethesda, Maryland

OneWaySurvival

How Can We Help M.E. Patients Overcome the Obstacles to Protest?

Answer: Recruit healthy and strong reinforcements to help them!

We are calling on a group of healthy volunteers to “Stand-in and Lay Down” in the place of M.E. patients who are too sick to protest for themselves, as well as any patients who are currently strong enough, to gather outside the Medical Center metro station (near Washington D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland) for a peaceful protest of the NIH’s P2P Workshop that many believe will be harmful to M.E. patients. We will have at least 12 anti-gravity chairs and other medical-assist devices set up with people and posters (with pictures of patients too sick to protest) and we will have fact sheets to hand out. We will also be seeking out any opportunities with news reporters or film crews to cover this unique protest. Please share far and wide on social media.

“Stand-in, Lay-down” Protest of the P2P Workshop
Official Schedule

Wednesday, December 10, 2014*
  • 7:20 a.m. Arrive and set up protest site near Medical Center metro station (intersection of South Ave. and Rockville).
  • 8:30 a.m. P2P Workshop (Day 2) begins. If any patient/advocate in the meeting wants to mention our “stand-in, lay down” protest, that is up to you.
  • 1:30 p.m. P2P Workshop (Day 2) ends
  • 2:30 p.m. End protest
*Tuesday night at 7 p.m. we will meet in Derwood, MD at a location TBD to educate and network with volunteers the night before the protest by watching a film on M.E. PM me if you are interested.

Rrrr

this announcement needs a way to contact you! :)
thanks for doing this!!!!! i sent you a private message.

Rrrr

so, just to clarify what i said above: i'm sending this announcement to others not on this forum, but they need to know how to contact you. could you please re-post the announcement and include your contact info for those who are not on this forum. thanks!

caledonia

Last edited: