1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lets discuss the fight or flight adrenal gland.....

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Tired of being sick, May 27, 2014.

1. Tired of being sick

Tired of being sick Senior Member

Western PA USA
    I believe this is my only gland that not only works WELL, but it gives me superhuman strength..

I mean above an average healthy person,however I crash hard afterward..
    All through my life I experienced this adrenaline and I can activate it at will by debating/arguing/near death experiences where i had to react with lighting quick reflexes or I would have been dead countless times
    and believe me when this adrenaline kicks in at 20 times above and beyond what any medication could do, how ever physically it can only last a few seconds but that is all I need, however the debating/arguing can last for hours........

It is almost like I go through life on idle storing the adrenalin for when I will need it subconsciously..

I know that's deep and sounds crazy but it is true to my life experiences..

How about you all?

I guess what I'm saying is, getting into heated arguments or heavy researching my illness takes my symptoms away for the moment..

I guess because researching gives me hope........
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    Beyond likes this.
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Is Jim Jones alive and well on PR?

Left Coast

Talk about being sexist! Do you think women are delicate little flowers too meek to get amped up and have superhuman strength? That's really insulting.
  3. Tired of being sick

Western PA USA
    No I. did not mean it like that and I'm sorry, I was wrong, I will edit it now
    minkeygirl likes this.
  4. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    I experience and have always experienced this that you describe. I don´t know if it has to do with getting adrenal fatigue or is something independent that some healthy people also display. Always thought of it like the strong will bursts that anime characters show when they are seemingly defeated.

My family always uses the fact that I can ALWAYS get into a heated quarrel to critique the whole disease make-believe stuff. For them someone ill shouldn´t have force to discuss anything, and it makes sense. However most of the time I am drained or pained, it i just that can get into that burning phase when I feel like it is critical. I call it burning phase because perhaps when we do this we are actually depleting further our energy stores and it played a role in us getting sick.
  5. Ambrosia_angel

Ambrosia_angel Senior Member

England
    LOL My laughs for the day.

Edit
    @Beyond not at you. At the situation above.
    stevesayshi likes this.
  6. stevesayshi

stevesayshi

I used to be an adrenaline junky but now it just sort of leaks out. Maybe because I have to use it all to get my heart rate up to get blood to my brain when standing.
    Allyson likes this.
  7. Allyson

Allyson *****

Australia, Melbourne
    Yes it s the basis of POTS/OI - and is and what makes us crash afterwards IMHO
    adrenalin also causes muscles to tense......hence stiff aching mucles
    and pupils to dilate - hence photophobia
    enhances sensitivity to noise and smells - full survival mode

Ally
    Tired of being sick likes this.
  8. Tired of being sick

Western PA USA
    This song is more of an Adrenaline rise through the roof fight song!

These lyrics pump enough Adrenaline through my veins to make the hair rise on my entire body!
    And takes the pain and symptoms away from my sickness for a brief amount of time better than any medications have done for me..

Oh yes,nothing like the POWER of music!

"The Confessor"

If you look at your reflection in the bottom of a well,
    What you see is only on the surface.
    When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath,
    The measure of the depth can be deceiving.
    The bottom has a rocky reputation

You can feel it in the distance the deeper down you stare.
    From up above it's hard to see, but you know when you're there.
    On the bottom words are shallow.
    On the surface talk is cheap.
    You can only judge the distance by the company you keep
    In the eyes of the Confessor.

In the eyes of the Confessor,
    There's no place you can hide.
    You can't hide from the eyes (of the Confessor)
    Don't you even try.
    In the eyes of the Confessor
    You can't tell a lie,
    You cannot tell a lie (to the Confessor)
    Strip you down to size,
    Naked as the day that you were born,
    Naked as the day that you were born.

Take all the trauma, drama, comments,
    The guilt and doubt and shame
    The "what ifs" and "if onlys"
    The shackles and the chains
    The violence and aggression,
    The pettiness and scorn,
    The jealousy and hatred,
    The tempest and discord,
    AND GIVE IT UP
    Allyson likes this.
  9. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Living on adrenaline eventually contributed to my collapse w/ ME/CFS. Now, 11 years on, I'm healing. During the past months I've had a major clearing of my adrenals, and for the first time in my life my temperament is no longer defined by irritability, agitation, low threshold for frustration. I've become cheerful, calm, resourceful, resilient. No more over-active fight-or-flight response. I used to use music very much as a support. I no longer use any stimulants or relaxants, including the use of music in this way. I am so very :):balloons:
    SDSue and Tired of being sick like this.
  10. Allyson

Allyson *****

Australia, Melbourne
    yes I found a POTS diagnosis and treating that aspect gives my adrenals a rest finally
    Ally

See more popular forum discussions.