• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Less I eat...Better I Sleep

Zensational

I have tried detox liver cleansing a number of times during my many years of this illness. Usually by fasting, juicing or eating really light like a salad and miso broth and then a coffee enema. The coffee enema detoxes the liver.
I have noticed a pattern with this. I generally sleep much better and feel better the next day after detoxing. I know the gut has a "second brain" and when it is toxic it doesn't produce enough serotonin.

Also, in Chinese medicine, each organ reflects an emotion.
Knowing which organ is potentially weak can help you pinpoint the organs that need support. Support can be in the form of many including specific foods, supplements, herbs, or even acupuncture. http://suehardman.com/wake-up-at-same-time-every-night/

CHINESE “ORGAN CLOCK”
Waking times Organ affected
1am-3am Liver
3am-5am Lungs
5am-7am Large Intestine
7am-9am Stomach
9am-11am Spleen-pancreas
11am-1pm Heart Mind
1pm-3pm Small Intestine
3pm-5pm Bladder
5pm-7pm Kidney
7pm-9pm Heart Governor
9pm-11pm Triple Heater
11pm-1am Gall Bladder

Emotion associated with each Element
• Earth – Empathy, sympathy, balanced giving and receiving
• Metal – Grief and loss
• Water – Fear and anxiety
• Wood – Anger, frustration and resentment
• Fire – Love, hate and joy

Since we know that all illness has an emotional component, I believe that in addition to working for a cure in the physical, it is prudent and helpful to clear any emotional issues we may be holding on to maybe without even realizing it. Trying to heal the physical without healing the emotional is just a bandaid effect. I believe our bodies are always trying to heal us by showing us what we need to pay attention to.

It's an interesting journey how I have chosen to learn, but I believe this illness has been a great teacher for me, even though I have not particularly enjoyed the process, it has been a journey of spirutual transformation. I am literally not the same person I was at the outset. I was very driven in my career and afraid of being in a relationship. All that has changed over the 30 years of my illness. I guess I am a slow learner, but hey, whatever it takes.

I am sure others have similar stories. I would love to hear them.