1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Leg pain which becomes back and arm pain too!

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by Plum, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    Hi

I am trying to get my head around this leg pain I've been having for about 6 months now. It feels like my legs are cramping although there is no tight ball in them.

I have it all day long but it is usually bearable and often becomes worse when I lie down.

When it's really bad then I seem to get the same pain in my back and arms. It also feels very similar to the aching you get with the flu.

It feels like muscle pain rather than a joint issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have considered:

dehydration - I drink more water now then I did when I first got it so that doesn't seem a problem. (I don't drink tea or coffee etc)

magnesium - supplements don't help

potassium - supplements don't help

It gets so bad that I sometimes can't sleep.

It is worse after a Perrin therapy session - lymphatic drainage and osteopathy.

Any help or ideas would be wonderful

Thank you

vli likes this.
  2. LaurieL

LaurieL Senior Member

Midwest
    Could it be related to a abnormal blood profile? or abnormal vascular/endothelial function?

3. Otis

Otis SeƱor Mumbler

USA
    This sounds pretty familiar. I've had a progression from legs to back to arms myself. Outside of high powered medications which only take the edge off for me I've got one alternative. What has worked for me is lidocaine. You might try lidoderm patches. If they work, you might try a compound with lidocaine in a transdermal gel because the stupid patches are a hassle. I've posted details on the gel I've used, which you should be able to find with a search.

Best of luck,
    Otis

4. Lillybelle

Lillybelle

Australia
    Wayne and Plum like this.
  5. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I dont know if you've tried this or it would help in your case but some of my leg pains are eased a little by having my legs up on a pillow as Im sleeping.

Muscle pain like that can be a sign that you are overdoing it.. and a build up of lactic acid. One study showed that some CFS patients had up to 300 times higher then normal amount happening (if Im remembering correctly, it was some ridiculous high amount). If you want to find that study, I think it may of been one done by the Adelaide CFS research group.

Plum likes this.
  6. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    Thanks for the suggestions

I have tried having my legs up on pillows but they actually felt more achy. Someone suggested I try making sure the pillows are under my feet and not higher up but it doesn't help. I keep meaning to try a relaxing yoga pose where you put yr legs up the wall for 10 mins.

It does feel like a lactate issue - or at least feels like my legs used to when I did that thing called exercise!

7. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK

I keep meaning to buy one of them but it's a little low on my list of things to buy! I should put it higher up so thank you for reminding me :)

See more popular forum discussions.