May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

left side.

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by Fuzzyhead, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

Anyone else have left sided pain? My left side of head feels like it's been hit with a hammer, my left eye feels weird, left side of front and my back and ribs are sore, left hip and left ankle. My heads horrendous and i feel dizzy and shattered.

Hutan likes this.
  2. redrachel76

redrachel76 Senior Member

Israel
    Dr Bell once noted that patients with this have one side worse than the other.

With me, the left foot is always worse than the right and my massagist and chiropract usually tell me that the left side of the back is worse/more sensitive to pain.

Hutan likes this.
  3. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    For me, the right side is worse.

Mel9 likes this.
  4. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Left side most everything that goes wrong w me is on the left too.
    No answer so far.

5. Jan

Jan Senior Member

Devon UK
    I'm a leftie too. Left sided migraines, head pain, neuralgia, neuropathy left hip and leg. My left arm is weak and shakes if I try to carry something. My left leg will always be the one that gives out. I also have numbness and pins and needles in left arm.

6. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    We've on several occassions had discussions on one sided symptoms. For some reason which has always come up in these discussions, at least 2/3 of us who get one sided symptoms get them on the left side.. Ive found this to be so at two different ME/CFS websites (so I guess something is more so going wrong in our right side of our brain seeing brain signals crosses over past the eyes).

Maybe its just pure chance that its been the left but I would like to see this studied as whenever Ive seen this subject brought up, its always more common on the left so maybe there is something to be learnt from this.

When I get one sided neuro symptoms eg leg and one foot dragging behind the other as I tried to walk, it was always on the left side.

7. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    The left arm being weak and shaking may be explainable if you were right handed and hence having that left side weaker then your other side but then that doesnt explain as it doesnt explain you or the rest of us who have left side things happen such as why ones left leg would have issues the right doesnt.

8. 5150

5150 Senior Member

There used to be conjecture that ME/CFS origin is infection settled at some point on the HPA axis, which is left side. Just another guess, probably.

9. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Me too

10. Jennifer J

Jennifer J Senior Member

Southern California
    Left side of my face swells. Only it swells or it swells first. Once for weeks it swelled then my right side joined in.

11. roller

roller wiggle jiggle

what side you sleep?

See more popular forum discussions.