Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Left in the Brain: The Potentially Toxic Residue from MRI Drugs

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Antares in NYC, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    New studies point at a connection between the heavy metal gadolinium, used in contrast MRIs, and severe cognitive impairment and other major health risks. For what it's worth, I've had probably half a dozen MRIs with contrast in my lifetime. Wonder if my cognitive issues have anything to do with this toxicity:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    maryb, picante, ahmo and 3 others like this.
  2. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    Just going through my medical records, I see that I have had 5 MRIs with gadolinium between 2009 and 2013. I have a couple of questions:

- Is there a test that could determine if I have accumulated gadolinium in my system?
    - If so, any potential chelation methods to get rid of it?

Little Bluestem likes this.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Genova's Toxic Elements Clearance Profile tests its levels.

Antares in NYC likes this.
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

WA, USA
    Thanks for info

5. leokitten

leokitten Senior Member

Maryland
    Doctors Data Urine Toxic Metals https://www.doctorsdata.com/urine-toxic-metals/

I would do the baseline urine and the urine after chelation challenge, for me the gadolinium from all the MRIs I did to diagnose/rule out diseases after falling ill with ME came out at increased levels with the chelator.

See more popular forum discussions.