• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LED red intranasal light therapy

Chris

@raghav--thanks--yes, they are dealers, and in my city too! I knew this, but have to figure out the exchange rate they are using. And check out if Vielight is still giving a discount to those who have already bought a 810. Soon...

raghav

I used the coupon GREENFIELD while purchasing the alpha and I got 10% discount on Vielight site. You can ask the dealer triangle healing for a discount and they most probably will give you a discount. Negotiate and see. BTW I have purchased the 633 from Vielight site and they gave me 10% discount on the price.

raghav

@perchance dreamer I have downloaded the trial version of the Ultimate edition for Neuro-Programmer 3. How should I go about. Should I start with the Brain waves section - alpha or beta or gamma ? There is a setup wizard in the application.It asked a series of questions and then asked me to select from one of the sessions. Should I go about trying each one or do you recommend anything in particular for depression and energy ? Sorry for throwing so many questions at you.

perchance dreamer

@raghav, I really liked the IQ sessions when I tried them a long time ago. They entrain beta. You might try an IQ first and then a gamma session.

The SMR session helps some people with sleep. For others, it helps with concentration, so you'd have to experiment. It makes me sleepy.

For both the IQ and the gamma sessions, I'd use them in the morning so you won't feel overstimulated when you go to bed.

Good luck! I think it's really good software. When I'm sitting at my desktop I use the beta or study helper sessions. You can use those with your eyes open while you do other things. They help me feel a little clearer.

raghav

@perchance dreamer Do you have any information on whether Hailicare device helps with controlling blood sugar levels. It is red laser 660 nm wavelength almost like Vielight 655 right ? Any idea ?

Chris

I have just ordered a Neuro Alpha--thanks for the discussion above! I look forward to being able to add my experiences in due course--it will take around a week to arrive here.

raghav

A peculiar thing I have noticed is the day next to the day of using alpha I need SAM-e If I dont supplement with SAM-e (200 mg ) I feel a mental uneasiness. But if I continue taking SAM-e on the subsequent days it causes uneasiness and restlessness. I am not able to understand why it is like this. I am taking TMG 250 mg daily along with my other methylation supplements. But SAM-e is a mystery to me. "To take or not to take" if I may quote so. LOL

raghav

Today's session went smoothly. Now i.e 2 hrs after the session I am feeling calm. No discomfort. Waiting for my 633 to arrive. It might take another 10 days.

raghav

Had my 9th session yesterday morning. No discomfort. There is a definitive improvement in fatigue post lunch. I am able to sit without feeling tired or feeling sleepy post lunch. I dont feel the need for methylation supplements anymore. Stopped them all. Taking Jarrow formulas Methyl B12 5mg as a precaution.

perchance dreamer

Feeling more energetic mentally. Fatigue and sleepiness post lunch is now a non issue.

Wow, that is terrific, @raghav. It sounds like the Alpha is really helping you.

I'm not feeling as much from the Gamma as I did at the beginning, but it's still helping my brainwave pattern according to EEGs.

The biofeedback therapist said that it's natural I won't feel as much as my brain starts normalizing and getting out of its extremely slow-wave dominant pattern.

That's fine. I'm very happy with my purchase. My father died from Alzheimer's, and I hope the Gamma can help me keep my brain function. I do wish we could have had it for him, though.

raghav

Thanks @perchance dreamer I am eagerly waiting for the 633 to arrive. I hope it helps with my blood sugar. BTW try adding turmeric to your daily diet. Turmeric is better absorbed with food especially ghee. I am unable to tolerate turmeric. It seems to cause herxheimer kind of reactions.

You are using the gamma once every 5 days right ? Why not try it once in 3 days. I find this frequency perfect. Maybe once in 5 days is too low for you.

perchance dreamer

I'm still experimenting, but if I use the Gamma too often, it messes up my sleep.

Yes, turmeric is great, and I take a lot of both the Longvida and the Meriva forms. The Longvida really helped my short-term memory.

Lolinda

J'aime nager dans le froid style Wim Hof.. 🏊‍♀️🙃
DIY red light therapy for a few bucks :)

Yesterday I had my first red light session. I love DIY :) :). So I took a smaller ordinary red light LED bulb (240V, 0.3W, a few €. All my flat is equipped with these red lights for the evenings, full bordello yeah :D :D), enclosed it with my hands (hands held as in Christian prayer or as when Indians say Namashte). It was at night; darkness in the room. My hands were glowing dark red - obvious proof that the light was penetrating the flesh of my hands deeply. I saw my own tendons, black on red, like bones on an xray. This enlarged pic shows my tendon (very dark red, in the middle, almost vertically) running up on the back of my hand towards the knuckles (all the rest of the pic in dark red are bones and meat) :eek: :)

IMG_20170623_140308.jpg

Interestingly, I did not see my bones (huh?). If you want a similar funny experience, pay attention to do it with a sufficiently small bulb, so you can completely enclose it without gaps. But now back to serious health business: I took the inspiration from @Asklipia's experiences using her 633 device in her hand as well as from these lines on Wikipedia:

"Blood irradiation therapy is also administered externally through the skin on the projection of large blood vessels."
"usually a vein in the forearm, under the assumption that any therapeutic effect will be circulated through the circulatory system"

Also, if you are interested, I can dig out research on arteriovenous anastomoses in fingers, which is a fancy ivory tower term for special blood vessels in your fingers to make them function as cooling grills to lose heat when it is too hot. Plain english conclusion: Before red light therapy, if you heat up your fingers using hot water, then huge amounts of blood will run through them (I have a defect that makes me not need that: I always have warm, well-perfused hands, even if it is totally cold. I wish I knew why! They make my body cool out easily in winter :(. So I always wear twice as many pullovers than others :( while my skin is warmer than others') Btw, in the nose, the system is simillar but just the opposite: the tiny blood vessels lining the inside get a huge blood flow when it is cold. This warms up the incoming air. In any case, fingers and the inside of the nose are very simillar in having lots of tiny blood vessels.

My biggest question is: considering the bigger size of hands compared to nose as well as the possibly higher (?) light output of the bulb, wouldnt it be plausible to assume a bigger health impact from this DIY therapy? For example, more nitric oxide, as proposed in this paper?

On the bulb it also writes 18/0614. Anyone an idea what this means?

I wonder how difficult it would be to make one of these devices ourselves.

And I hope we can find a source for a less expensive version of the light.

(PS: Excuses if an idea as simple as grabbing an ordinary LED bulb with two hands has already been posted on all the 25 pages of this loooong thread. I haven't red more than the first few pages :), but to cover for this fault I added a bit of science bla :ill: to make this idea look more than it is ;) :wide-eyed::thumbdown::nerd:)

Last edited:

raghav

Had my 11th session. Felt relaxed immediately after the session. It lasted for about 3 hrs. Then felt restless. Felt a weakness around my heart. Immediately took TMG 250 mg and SAM-e 200 mg. Now back to normal.