1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lecithin Quality Concern

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Hugocfs, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Hugocfs

Hugocfs Senior Member

U.S.A.
    I started on Rich van Konynenburg's simplified methylation protocol this spring. I ordered the lecithin from a well known source. The first bottle smelled somewhat rancid. Now that I reordered, the second bottle smells the same way. I don't think this can be good for me. I contacted the company and someone is suppose to get back to me (It is still early for a reply). I know RVK recommended Smart Youthful Energy as being better, but I am already spending a small fortune on medicines and supplements. Any comments on my concerns? Can you recommend a source of lecithin that doesn't smell rancid and is reasonably priced?

2. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    I have been taking Sunflower Lecithin by Now for 3 yrs and it does not have a rancid smell. What brand are you taking?

3. jasrich

jasrich

Maumee, Ohio
    Junie, how much do you take? Tx.

4. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

I like Bluebonnet Lecithin Granules. It's non GMO and doesn't have a smell.

5. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    I only take 1 1200 mg a day as thats what was in Rich's protocol.......often wondered if I should take more

6. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    I pay $11 for 200 of them

7. Hugocfs

Hugocfs Senior Member

U.S.A.
    Perchance,

I think the problem is that the lecithin is in a gel cap form and therefore subject to oxidation and turning rancid rather quickly. The problem is probably compounded by the time of year and the fact that I live in a very hot part of the country. Like you, I think I will try a granular form of lecithin. It seems to be a much better buy anyway. Also I will source it locally.

Hugo

Ps. The supplier (Holistic Heal) gave me no problem about it, and is giving me a credit back onto my card.

See more popular forum discussions.