1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lecithin Quality Concern

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Hugocfs, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Hugocfs

Hugocfs Senior Member

U.S.A.
    I started on Rich van Konynenburg's simplified methylation protocol this spring. I ordered the lecithin from a well known source. The first bottle smelled somewhat rancid. Now that I reordered, the second bottle smells the same way. I don't think this can be good for me. I contacted the company and someone is suppose to get back to me (It is still early for a reply). I know RVK recommended Smart Youthful Energy as being better, but I am already spending a small fortune on medicines and supplements. Any comments on my concerns? Can you recommend a source of lecithin that doesn't smell rancid and is reasonably priced?

2. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    I have been taking Sunflower Lecithin by Now for 3 yrs and it does not have a rancid smell. What brand are you taking?

3. jasrich

jasrich

Maumee, Ohio
    Junie, how much do you take? Tx.

4. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

I like Bluebonnet Lecithin Granules. It's non GMO and doesn't have a smell.

5. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    I only take 1 1200 mg a day as thats what was in Rich's protocol.......often wondered if I should take more

6. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    I pay $11 for 200 of them

7. Hugocfs

Hugocfs Senior Member

U.S.A.
    Perchance,

I think the problem is that the lecithin is in a gel cap form and therefore subject to oxidation and turning rancid rather quickly. The problem is probably compounded by the time of year and the fact that I live in a very hot part of the country. Like you, I think I will try a granular form of lecithin. It seems to be a much better buy anyway. Also I will source it locally.

Hugo

Ps. The supplier (Holistic Heal) gave me no problem about it, and is giving me a credit back onto my card.

See more popular forum discussions.