Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Leaky Gut ... or Cell Danger Response???

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by drewmaster, Sep 22, 2017.

1. drewmaster

drewmaster

I've always had food-related issues with my ME/CFS ... after I eat, I get very tired and brain-fogged. But my results on "leaky gut" tests have been normal, which has baffled me.

But now, I think I may understand why I (and some others) may have this food sensitivity issue ... Dr Naviaux's cell-danger response theory (I think) would suggest that the cells lining my GI tract are irritated by food, and this irritation causes the cell-danger response to kick in.

Does this seem logical, or am I misunderstanding his theory?

2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

What leaky gut test did you use?

3. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    You may have food sensitivities. I found the Food Intolerance Bible by Anthony Hayne to be a great resource for gut issues.

You could try an elimination diet or there are food allergy tests, none of which are perfect, but they may help.

See more popular forum discussions.