• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Leaky gut, fibrin, misfolded proteins

Thinktank

I've all of that. Increased sCD14, leaky gut, increased cytokine expression from LPS etc.
When i was on IV antibiotics i also had heparin administered, it did nothing except inflaming my arteries and causing a crushing headache. I stopped the heparin after a week or so.

I know this is a simplistic reply to a complicated subject (leaky gut), but here's what I have found to be effective lately. Bear in mind I came from extremely painful and inflamed digestive system to a place that now is not only tolerable, but actually is "livable" were it to continue this way in the future.

First, I began using a combination of probiotics called VSL #3. That took me out of the deep unmanageable zone into which I had fallen. Along with being careful about foods that are triggers to inflammation . . .we know those by now . . . I have recently began an intensive course of eating prunes and dates; not the gummy chewy varieties that are less expensive, but spending the few extra bucks it takes to get the higher quality ones. The prunes that come in a glass jar and packed in its' own juice are great. / The dates that are in smaller sealed packages , or smaller tubs, such as from Whole Foods are doing an amazing job at keeping things moving along smoothly and with a great form not ever dreamed about in the severe leaky gut that I used to own.

Admitted this is a simplistic approach, but when used with the other good habits that we all can possess, it does make a huge difference. I know this wasn't about heparin, but the leaky gut part hopefully will be useful.

Best wishes.

Moderators: feel free to move this if you want

Last edited: