Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Leaky gut associated with additives

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by MeSci, Jan 30, 2016.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    This is a recent article in the Jerusalem Post, and this is a paper on the subject - not sure if it is the one referred to as it is from June 2015, but it is by the authors referred to.

From the article:
    From the paper, which is
    Changes in intestinal tight junction permeability associated with industrial food additives explain the rising incidence of autoimmune disease

leela, roller, ScottTriGuy and 5 others like this.
  2. Josh sash

Josh sash

've wrote on here a few months ago about my symptoms of stomach pains. Tiredness, weight loss, off balance, bad co-ordination,muscle loss and nerves pulsating and general nueropathy. But yesterday I went to hospital to have a colonoscopy. It all come back as clear now there want a stool sample and blood test to see what's going on with my intestines eg Crohns or celiac or whatever. Has anyone had similar things like this before being diagnosed me?.. If I have celiac can I make a recovery? And would the symptoms I've had for over 18 months,which have got worse be from possible celiac or dysfunctions?... Please advice.

3. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Thanks, MeSci. Very thorough-looking survey of the madness that is industrial farming and food production.

MeSci likes this.
  4. Josh sash

Josh sash

Y
    dont understand your comment sorry

5. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Hi, Josh,

This isn't really the right place to start a discussion of your particular health problems - it's information about a scientific paper about a possible cause of leaky gut.

It sounds as though your doctors are looking into your problems, and you should know more after your stool and blood tests. I believe that coeliac/celiac disease can be well-controlled by diet but I am not a doctor!

You can search this site using keywords, to find threads on the subject you want to discuss. If you use the box on the top right, put the word 'celiac' or 'crohns' for example, and maybe select 'search titles only' and uncheck the boxes that are not relevant, you should find some threads on your subject.

Be aware that no one can diagnose you or give medical advice here. It's against the rules, and very few of us are experts.

sarah darwins likes this.
  6. Josh sash

Josh sash

Of course I know people can diagnose me, I've clearly asked for advice
    Thank you anyway

See more popular forum discussions.