• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lead an #MEAction Millions Missing protest on 25 May - 10 key US cities, or anywhere in the world!

Dolphin

I remember the fall-down protest in London in 2013 (?) which had 95 (?) people at it and had virtually no effect including no (or virtually no) media coverage.

I think in many situations putting the time and energy into a fundraiser or fundraising on the street would be better. This could include giving out information.

One of the reasons I think there has been a lack of researchers in the field is that there has been a lack of money raised privately. Government agencies are only ever going to fund a fraction of the potentially interesting studies that can be done and we need private money to make up the difference. And also to allow researchers get pilot data from small studies to help enable them apply for bigger grants. Whole countries raise very little privately for research. People blame governments for the lack of research but I think a big problem is the lack of money raised privately to support research.

No - I started several threads on different bits of the campaign so that people would be aware of the different aspects they can join in with. :)
OK - maybe its me but i find it confusing when there are two threads so closely related. End up discussing the same thing on both.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
OK - maybe its me but i find it confusing when there are two threads so closely related. End up discussing the same thing on both.

Sorry - couldn't see a way around it! One action asks people to send shoes if they can't turn up, another action asks people to organise demos in their own cities... I think these different actions are going to appeal to different people and so needed separate threads.

Sorry it's confusing!