Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lead an #MEAction Millions Missing protest on 25 May - 10 key US cities, or anywhere in the world!

Discussion in 'Millions Missing Campaign' started by Sasha, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I remember the fall-down protest in London in 2013 (?) which had 95 (?) people at it and had virtually no effect including no (or virtually no) media coverage.

I think in many situations putting the time and energy into a fundraiser or fundraising on the street would be better. This could include giving out information.

One of the reasons I think there has been a lack of researchers in the field is that there has been a lack of money raised privately. Government agencies are only ever going to fund a fraction of the potentially interesting studies that can be done and we need private money to make up the difference. And also to allow researchers get pilot data from small studies to help enable them apply for bigger grants. Whole countries raise very little privately for research. People blame governments for the lack of research but I think a big problem is the lack of money raised privately to support research.

3. BurnA

BurnA Senior Member

4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  5. BurnA

BurnA Senior Member

OK - maybe its me but i find it confusing when there are two threads so closely related. End up discussing the same thing on both.

Sasha likes this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Sorry - couldn't see a way around it! One action asks people to send shoes if they can't turn up, another action asks people to organise demos in their own cities... I think these different actions are going to appeal to different people and so needed separate threads.

Sorry it's confusing!

*GG* likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.