Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LDN

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by naoise, Nov 23, 2015.

1. naoise

naoise Senior Member

Hi

I was thinking of starting on LDN - I have a lot of gut issues and have heard it can be good for that? is that true?

the other thing i'm considering is MAF878 but am unsure how that will help anything other than my gut as it's a probiotic.

Any insight would be great!

thanks x

2. SwanRonson

SwanRonson Senior Member

Alabama
    Best I can tell, the evidence for LDN with gut motility is mixed. There was another thread a while back where someone started LDN for constipation and it worked initially then stopped. Like almost every thing else you just have to experiment and see how your own body responds. Hopefully you have a doctor that's open minded enough to help you try.

3. Firefly_

Firefly_ Senior Member

Oklahoma, USA
    Ldn did nothing for my motility or gut issues

CantThink likes this.
  4. CantThink

CantThink Senior Member

England, UK
    Same.

Though it has helped me in other ways.

5. Firefly_

Firefly_ Senior Member

Oklahoma, USA
    Same

6. skiesareclearing

skiesareclearing

Berkeley, CA
    @naoise I'm on LDN. It's been maybe six months and I don't know if it's doing anything! I felt a little bump in energy right in the beginning, but not anymore. I started it because someone I sorta know said it helped her a lot, but she's not nearly as sick as I am. It turned out my doctor uses it with people and thought it would be helpful. When I mentioned that I felt nothing after that initial bump, he said to stay on it, it's good for me. I realize this reply won't help you much, but it's all I know. :)

7. naoise

naoise Senior Member

Thanks all for the replies. I mentioned it to Enlander today and he said that if the MAF878 doesn't work we'll try LDN next but i'm not hopefully as GcMaf did nothing and that's meant to be one of the best!

CantThink likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.