• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN- Vein swelling

Seven7

Seven
I just increased the LDN to 3mg a few days ago. I get this weird pain overall, but the weird thing is that last night my hands were hurting, when I looked down I saw my veins like popping out of my hands, the blue ones, I have seen this happens to me specially after showers or exercise.

I am trying to figure if this is a normal symptom or something I should mention to the Dr as a clue of something going on? or is it a natural side effect of LDN?

*GG*

If it's new, and you are rather certain it is related to LDN, I do not see any harm in mentioning it, unless the Dr hesitantly prescribed LDN, and you think this will give them a reason to withdraw the med!

GG

PS Is the pain bearable or worse?

Marlène

I've always had this, even before the LDN and especially in hot summer weather or exercise.

Do you happen to have bartonella? Or have you had your VEGF levels checked?

Seven7

Seven
GG
Pain is better in the rest of the body now. But in the hand is persisting almost intolerable but just because of the movement, will try to get something to wrap it to minimize the movements.

Marlene,
VEGF levels checked? What is that, I guess I haven't if I don't know that it is.

Seven7

Seven
TX! Will look into it. But no I have not have this one. I have had most on the list and they were ok.