1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LDN Survey

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by shastamax, May 15, 2013.

1. shastamax

shastamax

San Francisco Bay Area
    Hi Everyone:
    I don't know about you, but I find the forum format not the best way to obtain information on our experiences with treatments. I think that surveys would be a better way to gather information from a number of patients in one place. I have an account at Survey Monkey and wrote up up a survey to try out the concept. I will post the results as soon as I get a sufficient number of responders. To participate in this survey, please click on the link below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CFSsurveys_LDN_shastamax

All responses are strictly confidential. I'm just a CFS patient trying to help us better help ourselves. Many thanks for participating! Any suggestions are most welcome.
    I have also posted surveys on famvir (with a link to the results) and Imunovir under this forum topic.

Shastamax
  2. RUkiddingME

RUkiddingME Senior Member

Canada
    Thanks!!!! Just took the survey
  3. shastamax

shastamax

San Francisco Bay Area
    Great! You were fast- the ink was hardly dry! Many thanks for participating.
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    shastamax

Thanks for starting the survey. I started answering it and then got stuck as I started LDN along with other aspects of a protocol and the questions don't really differentiate between improvements from LDN and other things (for instance the functionality scale.)

I've taken LDN for about 3 years but after a couple of years needed to reduce my dose--I don't know how to express that. Also, while I had side-effects, they were only after each raise in dose. Any tips on filling out the questionnaire with these things in mind?

Thanks,
    Sushi
  5. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
  6. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I feel similarly, I started LDN over 3 years ago during a major crash (massive pain, depression, was out of work for nearly 3 months)! I also changed a lot of things, got tired of the change 1 thing for weeks to months, and no improvements, so I changed many things and got better, with perhaps still some slight improvement, I'm not satisfied, I want more of my life back!

GG
  7. shastamax

shastamax

San Francisco Bay Area
    Question 9 has an answer option that addresses the problem of taking multiple drugs and not knowing which drug(s) are helping. I have added the word "lasting" to the first question about side effects. I added 2 questions at the end about lowering the dose due to side effects. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

See more popular forum discussions.