1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LDN - start at 4,5 mg

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by daniariete2000, Nov 25, 2012.

1. daniariete2000

daniariete2000

Hi all ,

I tried LDN in the past (8 months ago) without results for fibromyalgia but now I have very strong dry eyes and I wanted to try if LDN can reduce inflammation. Since I already started slowly from 1,5 mg to 4,5 mg in the past I now started direcly at 4,5 becouse the administrator of the main forum about LDN suggested me this. I'm now at 2 weeks of treitment but I don't really know if it has been a good idea by starting it at 4,5 mg. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to start LDN at 4,5 mg if in the past you have already tried LDN ?
    Otherwiase I'll stopp it

Thanks

Daniele
  2. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    hello Daniele

if you feel ok, you can continue I guess.

I'm in a similar situation at this moment. I took LDN very slowly from 0,25 to 3,25 mg. Then stopped for a year.
    Ten days ago I started again round 10pm with 0,25mg, next day 0,50mg, third day 0,75mg, ... Yesterday I was at 3mg and no side effects at all beside the wild dreaming.

All the best

Marlene
  3. penny

penny Senior Member

Southern California
    I'd say to go by how you feel as well. I'm very sensitive to LDN and seem to get some mild startup symptoms (mainly shallow sleep) with even a small change in dose. For example when my prescription gets a little old, and then I get a refill, I my sleep is a bit disturbed the first night or two (and sometimes I get that slightly euphoric feel the next day) - presumably because it's a bit stronger than the old bottle. So personally I don't feel like my past (or current) use has made my body immune to dose changes, but that could just be me.

But if you don't have side effects at 4.5 (or they are temporary/manageable) then that seems to be the most important thing. Just keep an eye out for any side effects from 'build up' over time.

Good luck!
  4. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    I like that! It's not a side effect to me :)
    penny likes this.
  5. penny

penny Senior Member

Southern California
    Yeah, it's a lovely feeling, I feel like all is right with the world - even if intellectually I know it's not : )

See more popular forum discussions.