1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LDN Making me jittery

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by minkeygirl, Mar 8, 2014.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    When I took LDN at night, I slept 2 hours then I was up the rest of the night. I've read where you can take it in the morning so I did.

I took .5 mgs at 6:15 am. About 2 hours later the jitters set in, which explains why I can't sleep at night with this stuff and now 7 hours later I'm still feeling it. Not horrible, just there.

I hope this goes away by the time I want to sleep about 10:30 pm. I know they say the sleeplessness can resolve itself in a week or two, or it won't.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
  2. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

I don't know how anyone can take it. I was on it for about a month until my health went so far down from not sleeping. No matter when I took it, I couldn't sleep. I finally quit it. IT totally set my health backwards for about a month. Many people can't take it. And, then many can. I was one who couldn't.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    @Misfit Toy Boy did you really tough it out. I go insane after a few days without sleep. I know some people who swear by it!

It's looking like I'm one that can't. The longer I'm awake the more jittery I get and Oh joy the time change is tonight.

I'm getting really frustrated with all the things I CAN'T take. I can't take Valtrex, horrible side effects, I can't take Famvir, constipation and now maybe this.

Ugh
    Misfit Toy likes this.
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Why not try a lower dose? Many find that .5 mg is too much for them in the beginning.

Sushi
  5. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

Believe me, I understand. I never got overly excited about LDN anyway...many can't take it and many don't notice much of a benefit. But I feel like you. I can't take opiates and I am in CHRONIC pain so what to do? I have such a horrible time with meds. The very things that are supposed to help me, make me sick. It's messed up.

I have been up all night long from Ambien!
    peggy-sue likes this.
  6. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    @Sushi, I can try .25 but usually for me, once I have a reaction, that's it. I'll try it in a few days just to see.

@Misfit Toy, I know isn't it the worst? I felt really good on Famvir. Too bad I didn't poop for a week! Valtex changed my personality into a raving lunatic!

I'm pretty sure my EBV is rearing it's head so I need something.
  7. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    @Misfit Toy Well I slept last night so I took another .5 mgs at 6 a.m. Because of the time change I couldn't even open my eyes until about 9 but I did feel some heart palpitations (I have them all the time and yes I saw a doctor) the LDN seems to make it a bit worse but otherwise this morning I don't feel too bad.

I'll try again tomorrow and see how it goes.
    peggy-sue likes this.
  8. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

Oh good! I hope it works for you.
    ggingues and peggy-sue like this.
  9. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Thanks. When I took it at night I really noticed I felt better. I have something else going on which I think I finally figured out so we shall see.
    ggingues and peggy-sue like this.
  10. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Day 3. I'm sleeping fine and all the problems, jitters and heart palps have stopped. I'm going to stay on .5 mgs for 2 weeks only because I don't have enough to up and not run out before I can get a refill.

What a relief. Hard to say if it's helping but right now not hurting.
    Sushi and peggy-sue like this.

See more popular forum discussions.