• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN Making me jittery

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
When I took LDN at night, I slept 2 hours then I was up the rest of the night. I've read where you can take it in the morning so I did.

I took .5 mgs at 6:15 am. About 2 hours later the jitters set in, which explains why I can't sleep at night with this stuff and now 7 hours later I'm still feeling it. Not horrible, just there.

I hope this goes away by the time I want to sleep about 10:30 pm. I know they say the sleeplessness can resolve itself in a week or two, or it won't.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Misfit Toy

I don't know how anyone can take it. I was on it for about a month until my health went so far down from not sleeping. No matter when I took it, I couldn't sleep. I finally quit it. IT totally set my health backwards for about a month. Many people can't take it. And, then many can. I was one who couldn't.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Misfit Toy Boy did you really tough it out. I go insane after a few days without sleep. I know some people who swear by it!

It's looking like I'm one that can't. The longer I'm awake the more jittery I get and Oh joy the time change is tonight.

I'm getting really frustrated with all the things I CAN'T take. I can't take Valtrex, horrible side effects, I can't take Famvir, constipation and now maybe this.

Ugh

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
When I took LDN at night, I slept 2 hours then I was up the rest of the night. I've read where you can take it in the morning so I did.

I took .5 mgs at 6:15 am. About 2 hours later the jitters set in, which explains why I can't sleep at night with this stuff and now 7 hours later I'm still feeling it. Not horrible, just there.

I hope this goes away by the time I want to sleep about 10:30 pm. I know they say the sleeplessness can resolve itself in a week or two, or it won't.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Why not try a lower dose? Many find that .5 mg is too much for them in the beginning.

Sushi

Misfit Toy

Believe me, I understand. I never got overly excited about LDN anyway...many can't take it and many don't notice much of a benefit. But I feel like you. I can't take opiates and I am in CHRONIC pain so what to do? I have such a horrible time with meds. The very things that are supposed to help me, make me sick. It's messed up.

I have been up all night long from Ambien!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Sushi, I can try .25 but usually for me, once I have a reaction, that's it. I'll try it in a few days just to see.

@Misfit Toy, I know isn't it the worst? I felt really good on Famvir. Too bad I didn't poop for a week! Valtex changed my personality into a raving lunatic!

I'm pretty sure my EBV is rearing it's head so I need something.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Misfit Toy Well I slept last night so I took another .5 mgs at 6 a.m. Because of the time change I couldn't even open my eyes until about 9 but I did feel some heart palpitations (I have them all the time and yes I saw a doctor) the LDN seems to make it a bit worse but otherwise this morning I don't feel too bad.

I'll try again tomorrow and see how it goes.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Day 3. I'm sleeping fine and all the problems, jitters and heart palps have stopped. I'm going to stay on .5 mgs for 2 weeks only because I don't have enough to up and not run out before I can get a refill.

What a relief. Hard to say if it's helping but right now not hurting.