• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN Issues?

frozenborderline

So occasionally i get mild white coat hypertension. But recently I got some readings that were high even for me (above 140/80) They happened on days on which I'd taken low dose naltrexone, which does make me feel really stimulated.

I assumed LDN was really really benign because it's just naltrexone but in lower doses, but I think that since it could have a wholly different effect than high doses (i.e. partial blockade of opioid receptors causing upregulation of density) caution is warranted. I don't want to get a home bp monitor because I think I would be more hypochondriac with it, but I may, just so I can check if the naltrexone makes a difference. It's helped my fatigue, but I don't want it to mess with my health.

Has anyone else experienced issues like this with naltrexone?

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
I have consistenly low BP (average is 80/50 lying, 90/60 standing). The only time LDN has influenced my BP was when I tried yohimbe. Yohimbe by itself raises BP but when combined with LDN my BP fluctuated frequently for a couple of hours. I've read that this effect is common when combining yohimbe with LDN.