1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LDN is an immunomodulator; should it be pulsed?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Hip, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) can be considered to be an immunomodulator. Should it be pulsed?

Many immunomodulators (such as Imunovir, Nexavir, artesunate, and azithromycin) are best used on a pulsed, on/off basis. Dr Cheney often makes the point that these immunomodulators lose their effect if you do not take regular breaks from them. Regular breaks means taking them on an on/off regimen, such as for example: on for 5 days, off for 2 days; and/or on for 3 weeks, off for 1 week.

However, other immunomodulators like oxymatrine (this is assumed to be an immunomodulator) should not be stopped if you are deriving benefit from it, as according to Dr Chia, stopping oxymatrine if it is working for you generally causes relapse of symptoms.

Anyway, I wonder if there is any advice given for pulsing LDN, and whether anyone has tried a pulsed LDN regimen, and found it better than taking LDN continuously?

heapsreal and Omar88 like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi Hip, that is a good question. I have wondered about it myself. So far I have not tested this. Bye, Alex

3. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

For me it stopped working after taking it every day for a few weeks. Maybe it would have lasted longer with pulsing.

See more popular forum discussions.