1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LDN+d-phenylalanine. anyone else tried it?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by stevesayshi, Jul 17, 2014.

1. stevesayshi

stevesayshi

Although I haven't been tested (and am not sure such a test exists) I suspect that low endorphins were a problem before I got sick and are even more of one now.

I started LDN (1.5 mg to start) 2 weeks ago and added d-phenylalanine at 1.5 - 2 g a day a week ago. This combo hasn't had a profound effect on my health or actual energy levels (yet?) but mentally I feel much more like myself than I have in quite a while. Things seem funny again, I'm enjoying the company of others even though I can't really keep up with conversations like I used to, I don't fantasize about killing myself constantly; you know, the little things.

I'm wondering if I will counteract the effects of LDN by adding another substance that increases endorphins (well enkephalins via inhibiting their degradation) or is this potentially a way to accelerate healing? I could find very little reference to using them together, just one secondhand recommendation. Thanks for your thoughts.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Thoughts, anyone?
  3. vortex

vortex

I tried it a long time ago, I was really excited about the combo at the time but had some issues and abandoned it, but maybe I should try it again, thanks for the inspiration and let us know how it goes.

See more popular forum discussions.