Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LDN & Brain Fog

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by ebethc, Oct 23, 2016.

1. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

Is it common for LDN to improve Brain Fog? If so, does it get way worse before it gets better?

Here and there I've read that it's helped some ppl w brain fog, but I don't know enough about LDN to know if this is common... Also, it seems like LDN makes your worst symptoms even worse before they get better, so for me it makes sense that my head & fatigue are so much worse... brain fog is my most frustrating symptom.

2. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    I don't get brain fog, but many of my symptoms improved straight away with LDN. As long as you start slow enough there is no reason to get worse.

ebethc likes this.
  3. ErdemX

ErdemX

Istanbul
    I've been on LDN for nearly a year now. It never made my symptoms worse (at the beginning), so probably it depends on the individual.

4. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

how low did you start, 0.5 or 1.0mg? something else?

@ErdemX - what about you?

thanks

5. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    O.5mg. I stayed there for a couple of weeks then worked my way upwards slowly. I am stable on 2mg now.

6. ErdemX

ErdemX

Istanbul
    I started with 1 mg but went up to 4.5 mg in a month. I only had a slight side effect on my sleeping routine and my dreams. My dreams has become more vivid and detailed. After a month this effect was not noticeable.

LDN has no effect on my fatigue, but since taking it I have no major crash (which is really bad that makes me bedbound with unable to walk and even talk easily). I continue LDN because I think it might be helping with this no big crash period.

Theodore likes this.
  7. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @ebethc - I tried ldn twice, and each time it GAVE me brain fog, which I did not have before. I stuck it out once for 10 or 11 days and ended up so tired and fuzzy, could not function and finally stopped it. I don't think it's for everyone.

Zombie_Lurker and ebethc like this.
  8. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

what dosage were you on? i'm thinking of dropping down to 0.5

also, I've read that you should stop gluten & dairy whilst taking LDN.... the peptides in gluten & dairy (gluteomorphin and caseomorphin..sp?) are opioids and can interfere.. so you should stop those or take them away from LDN

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  9. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @ebethc - I don't remember the first time how much I was taking, I know the second time it was very low, and I kept cutting the dose, maybe even down 0.25 mg., and it didn't help, I was so tired and felt so awful, I finally stopped it. It took several days, maybe a week or even more to recover from it.

I eat a little dairy, a little gluten, but not much at all. My reaction was so different from most people I read about, I really don't think it's for me. I did try as hard as I could to stick with it! :sluggish:

ebethc likes this.
  10. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

thanks - good to know. I really want to make it work, but it's not possible

11. Oberon

Oberon Senior Member

I've been on LDN for 3 months now, and have had zero improvement in Brain Fog. I had a huge insomnia problem for the first 2 months until it slowly faded. I'm on 3mg now and plan on increasing to 4.5mg. I haven't had any major benefits from LDN, but have noticed my sinus inflammation and pain isn't as bad so I'll likely keep taking it.

ebethc likes this.
  12. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    I can't eat any gluten while taking LDN. I become so exhausted I can barely keep my eyes open and my brainfog increases as well. The effect can last for 24 hours or more from a single piece of bread, or even a handful of crackers. Dairy doesn't seem to be a problem for me, but I always take an enzyme capsule with the dairy in an attempt to avoid having undigested proteins cause problems. Also, the only dairy I eat is yogurt, so maybe that makes a difference.

My balance dose with LDN is 2.5mg. If I go higher then I get brainfog, lower energy, and some anxiety. LDN has helped my sleep and mood so much that it's one of the life-changing supplements that I never want to stop taking.

ebethc likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.