August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LDN and massive Diarrhea

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by A zombie, Nov 8, 2013.

1. A zombie

A zombie Senior Member

I was taking 1.5 mg for over a month (hahsis) and i raised after the month to 3mg and i had terrible D. I went back to 1.5 mgs for a few weeks. Just raised to 3mgs and AGAIN Masssive D and woke up today with pretty bad ab pains (like cramps) . Other boards say it has NOTHING to do with LDN, but now on 2 occasions it's happening…
    anyone else??? what could be causing this? this is my only adverse symptom.
    I don't believe it to be a hyper sx either as it's happening pretty much right away…

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Could there be something in it that at a higher dose is causing you this big reaction?

3. A zombie

A zombie Senior Member

Any thoughts?
    it's just too much of a coincidence for this to happen now twice.

4. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    I agree. I would call the compounder and see what is in it. Maybe something doesn't agree with you.

Do you stop taking it as soon as the D begins? Maybe your gut needs to adjust.

It maybe 3 Mgs is too much?

5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    @A zombie

I also wonder if it is a filler or the LDN itself. If it is compounded you could ask them to give you a small quantity with a different filler.

Hope you can sort it out.

Best,
    Sushi

6. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    That's what I was thinking but maybe didn't make clear. Maybe the capsule too. I would absolutely talk to the compounder.

7. A zombie

A zombie Senior Member

but isn't it strange it didn't happen with 1.5mgs?
    well the D just started today, i've only been on 3 mgs for 2 nights, tonight would be the 3rd.

8. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    Sure but this disease is strange. If you can manage seenitnit clears up in a few days. Just drink a lot.

And contact the compounder. N

9. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    It could be the amount of either the filler, or the LDN? :confused: I take a liquid form that may have fewer additives.

Sushi

10. A zombie

A zombie Senior Member

yeah, my previous rx was 1.5 caps and i took two to equal 3 mgs and now i have 3 mgs and the same thing is happening with the D. Will contact Skips monday. This sucks.

11. A zombie

A zombie Senior Member

will try 3mgs again tonight.

12. marnik2000

marnik2000

Hi, A zombie,

I wonder how (and if) your problem was resolved.

I have EXACTLY the same situation - I started LDN (for Hashi) 2 months ago with 1,5 mg and as soon as I increased the doze to 3 mg "the hell broke loose". I can't blame any fillers because I just dissolve 10 tablets in 450 ml of water. And I can't think of any other reason for the problem.

Thank you for your thoughts.

13. JES

JES Senior Member

Unlikely the filler. My stomach and bowel reacted strongly to 1.5 mg LDN during the first month, then it slowly faded away until no symptoms anymore.

panckage likes this.
  14. A zombie

A zombie Senior Member

so since this post i have found out i have lyme disease and ppl with lyme can have a difficult time with LDN/.I'm currently on 1mg and its taken me along time to get to 1mg. I had stopped ldn siren this post and restarted maybe a few months ago.
    I've also heard ppl with yeast will tend to have a difficult time.If i raise too much i feel like HELL the next day and my sleep can get really messed up.

15. A zombie

A zombie Senior Member

I dissolve mine in water too. I wold bring the dose back to 1.5 mg. Ive heard it's not a race with ldn and more isn't always better

16. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    I've never heard diarhea taking that long to occur. If I was you I would probably stay on 3mg for a week to see it is the issue

17. Silence

Silence

Northern CA
    I dont know if you're still taking ldn , but i found out that ldn made my diarrhea worse. I came to the conclusion after several testing that it was because ldn was exacerbating an underlying yeast or candida problem that was flying under the radar. Once it got bad enough it showed up on testing.

See more popular forum discussions.