May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LDN and Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) together?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by jimmy86, Jan 28, 2017.

1. jimmy86

jimmy86

Hi everyone,

I am taking LDN since a couple of month (4.5mg) and I am doing quite okay on it.

However, I wanted to add BCAA to help with PEM. Do you think this is a safe combination? Did anyone try it out?

Thanks so much,

Jim

Theodore likes this.
  2. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    I've been taking LDN for 14 months. I tried BCAAs in capsules but had to stop after a few days due to kidney discomfort. But if I get BCAAs in protein powder then I don't have any problems. I haven't noticed if it influences PEM because I'm very rigid about staying within my energy envelope.

I doubt there is any reason not to take LDN and BCAAs together. I would start with a low dose of BCAAs and gradually increase while watching out for symptom changes.

jimmy86 likes this.
  3. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    I take them together just before bed, haven't noted any thing negative.

jimmy86 likes this.
  4. jimmy86

jimmy86

ScottTriGuy likes this.
  5. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    BCAA is Branched chain Amino acids? Might want to spell that out in title, makes it better for future searches, and you only have 2 weeks to change Title of thread.

I was on LDN since 2009, recently ran out. But my Dr also has me on DHEA, and clomid for years now, recently added pregnenolone. I take taurine and eat a low carb, high protein diet. I "carb" out before exerting myself.

GG

jimmy86 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.