Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LD naltrexone with xanax? How about red wine? Success stories?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by 2Cor.12:9, Aug 11, 2015.

1. 2Cor.12:9

2Cor.12:9 Senior Member

Hi. I'm going to ask my new doctor for a prescription for 1.5 mg of LDN tomorrow for CFS relapse symptoms and pain.

I don't know if she knows anything about CFS or if she will be familiar with LDN, but I'm going to beg her to let me try it.

I take a small dose of Xanax (.125) x4 daily and also a beta blocker and wondered if either of them would be a problem with LDN.

Also, I rarely drink but do enjoy red wine occasionally. Any problem there?

I would also love to hear some success stories.

Thank you!

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    2Cor.12:9 likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    You may not want to start at such a high dose. Many people here start at .25 - .5 mgs.

4. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    As others have said, those should not be a problem. Only meds, supps that work through the opiate receptors.

5. Firefly_

Firefly_ Senior Member

Oklahoma, USA
    I started at 1 mg and didn't have any trouble then raised by .5 mg every few days or so (compounding my own out of 50 mg tablets) and now I take around 3.5 mg a day. Doesn't seem to matter whether I take it night or day (sleep is already trashed so didn't make that any better or worse) I thought it helped me in the 1st couple of days but may have been coincidental then about 3 weeks later I added in d-ribose and had a noticeable bump in energy so I can't say for sure which thing helped. I also have a drink or 2 some nights and ambien sometimes and haven't noticed any ill effects with the LDN.

6. 2Cor.12:9

2Cor.12:9 Senior Member

Thank you!

See more popular forum discussions.