Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

LD naltrexone with xanax? How about red wine? Success stories?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by 2Cor.12:9, Aug 11, 2015.

1. 2Cor.12:9

2Cor.12:9

Hi. I'm going to ask my new doctor for a prescription for 1.5 mg of LDN tomorrow for CFS relapse symptoms and pain.

I don't know if she knows anything about CFS or if she will be familiar with LDN, but I'm going to beg her to let me try it.

I take a small dose of Xanax (.125) x4 daily and also a beta blocker and wondered if either of them would be a problem with LDN.

Also, I rarely drink but do enjoy red wine occasionally. Any problem there?

I would also love to hear some success stories.

Thank you!

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    2Cor.12:9 likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    You may not want to start at such a high dose. Many people here start at .25 - .5 mgs.

4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    As others have said, those should not be a problem. Only meds, supps that work through the opiate receptors.

5. Firefly_

Firefly_ Senior Member

Oklahoma, USA
    I started at 1 mg and didn't have any trouble then raised by .5 mg every few days or so (compounding my own out of 50 mg tablets) and now I take around 3.5 mg a day. Doesn't seem to matter whether I take it night or day (sleep is already trashed so didn't make that any better or worse) I thought it helped me in the 1st couple of days but may have been coincidental then about 3 weeks later I added in d-ribose and had a noticeable bump in energy so I can't say for sure which thing helped. I also have a drink or 2 some nights and ambien sometimes and haven't noticed any ill effects with the LDN.

6. 2Cor.12:9

2Cor.12:9

Thank you!

See more popular forum discussions.