Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Layering in ancient teeth reveals history of vitamin D deficiency

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by antares4141, May 22, 2017.

1. antares4141

antares4141 Senior Member

Truth or consequences, nm
  2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Maybe from hiding in caves for protection, and then not getting sunlight, or going through ice age and not getting sunlight.

3. antares4141

I'm thinking poor diet and other disease might predispose them to the deficiencies. You can only spend so much time in a cave. I thought the article interesting cause in the past I was always skeptical of cfs correlated to deficiencies. I'm not so sure anymore.

4. BruceInOz

BruceInOz Senior Member

Tasmania
    I am left puzzled what their point is:
    If D deficiency was 4 times lower then they were getting more D way back then, not less so why is that counterintuitive. They were outside more getting more sun so less deficiency as expected.

ETA: I guess maybe they were surprised there was any deficiency detected at all?

5. Ysabelle-S

Ysabelle-S Highly Vexatious

It does seem like an odd sentence.

6. antares4141

To me it makes sense to assume that modern civilization IE greeks in the era they mentioned would have more diversity in their diet and less deficiencies. But counter to what would be expected the opposite was true. Makes sense to me.

See more popular forum discussions.