1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. CBS64

CBS64

Dreambirdie,

I have been trying the Lauricidin in recent months and am only able to tolerate one pellet per day, 3 to 4 days per week, because of the die-off. My doctor wanted me to take 2 or 3 scoops per day and he scoffed when I told him I was only able to take one or two pellets. I'm comforted to know that others also can't handle very much of it, as I was feeling like a total wimp that I couldn't take more.

My doctor gave me a seaweed supplement to take that is a heavy metal chelator. I haven't started it yet, but the name is Modifilan Pure Brown Seaweed Extract. He said to take one per day. I haven't noticed any heavy metal detox yet, but I'm not sure if I can distinguish between a herx reaction and that. Also, I haven't been taking the Lauricidin consistently -- I avoid it on the days I'm really feeling bad, which has been quite often.

Please keep us posted on how it's going with the heavy metal detoxing aspect of this.

2. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I too keep trying the Lauricidin but can only tolerate a few pellets, it absolutely floors me, how people get up to several scoops is beyond me:(

3. CBS64

CBS64

I also forgot to mention that my doctor said to take serrapeptase and nattokinase enzymes on an empty stomach at least an hour before taking the Lauricidin (which I think is best taken with food). The enzymes break down the biofilm that the bugs secrete to protect themselves from being destroyed. I think he said to take 2 of each of the enzymes a couple times per day -- although he also suggested taking a couple of scoops of Lauricidin. I've been taking one of each of the enzymes an hour before breakfast and then I take the Lauricidin after breakfast.

I agree, maryb -- I don't know how people can take that much Lauricidin. Maybe they have much stronger immune systems, so they don't have as many bugs.

4. cindyloowho

cindyloowho

Dreambirdie,

I was googling for lauricidin as it relates to systemic/chronic fungal/yeast infections. I've finally figured out that (probably candida overgrowth) is what I have had for the last 23+ years. As a result, my health is very fragile at this time...fragile enough that I really need to be careful with what I do and not end up killing myself with too much die-off.

I came across this post you wrote on lauricidin, and you mentioned that you had to start off with only 1 to 3 pellets a day and still had a strong die-off reaction.

Could you tell me if you've gotten better and if you still have to take the Lauricidin? If so, are you taking more than 1 to 3 tablets a day?

Thanks in advance. You can also email me at iamcindymay@gmail.com

Cindy

5. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Is lauricidin effective against mycoplasma?

See more popular forum discussions.