1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Laura Hillenbrand (Seabiscuit) makes top 10 of the decade

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by _Kim_, Dec 15, 2009.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Monday, December 14, 2009
    Horserace Insider

Deck the Halls With the Passing Decade

2. Koan

Koan Be the change.

OMG! I am awash in goosebumps!!!

That's fantastic!

Woohoo!

:D
  3. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Excellent.

the 00 should be called the naughties.
  4. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Good one V99 :D
  5. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

so good V99!

I think you ought to send your idea to Slate and the nyTImes before someone else tries to claim it!

islandfinn:)
  6. Robin

Robin Guest

I often wonder how she's been doing. She's was so graciously out-of-the-closet about CFS and how it affected her. I recall my in-law's father mentioning that he had heard her speaking on NPR and finally understood what I've been going through. That's like getting a Christmas present!

She was supposed to write another book but apparently her health has declined. I hope she's OK.

For anyone that missed it, here is the article she wrote about her health. It was published in The New Yorker.
  7. MEG

MEG Senior Member

Asheville, NC
    Loved her article in the New Yorker magazine. I believe she has been very quiet for some time now. However, my brain fogged mind remembers that her new book is supposed to come out in 2010...but take that as rumor because I can't remember where I heard it. (UUGGGHH) I hope she is doing OK...she was oh so ill...and may still be. OH many of us are ,UGH again
  8. Robin

Robin Guest

OK, I just found a brief interview with her on NPR.org about XMRV

Poor Laura! She seems to have periods of semi-remission and then very bad relapse. I hope she's able to work on her book.
  9. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Hillenbrand in The New Yorker, October 15

The New Yorker has an interview with Laura Hillenbrand from October 15 about XMRV.
    http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...llenbrand.html
  10. MEG

MEG Senior Member

Asheville, NC
    So sad that she is so ill. She mentions fevers, chills and sweats and pain...OMG do I understand and empathize with her.

I am sure if she were stronger we would hear more from her.
  11. Marylib

Marylib Senior Member

New Zealand
    Laura

She posted recently on the CAA facebook site ... I think that was where I saw it :eek:...Heh, heh....little memory problem...teflon brain.

See more popular forum discussions.