I have been having a very hard time dealing with doing laundry, not only bc of CFS exhaustion, dizziness, etc, but also bc of MCS fragrance issues. I live in an apt and have to carry my laundry a ways up a hill and then share a laundry room with the other residents. The thing is that now I am starting to find that in addition to all the other reasons that this is hard, there is a new problem that I have no idea how to address. If people who use the laundry room before me use too much detergent in their wash, some of it stays in the machine and gets on my clothes when I wash them. Even though I use unscented detergent, my clothes wind up getting scented from their detergent. So far, this has not been too huge of a problem, but it is becoming more of one as I become more and more sensitive to stuff. It's a problem both when I inhale the scent, and when the other detergent comes into contact with my skin and I get hives. I was thinking that I must just be developing a problem with my detergent, but after reading an article about laundry detergent and how most people use too much I realized that it's not my detergent causing the problem, and it's not my imagination that my clothes have been winding up scented. Apparently, tests have actually found that detergent can stay in the machine for up to EIGHT washes if someone uses too much! I have wanted to move for a very long time (for other reasons, too) but have been unable to find a house or apt with individual laundry units that I can afford, so at this point that is not an option. Obviously, I have to have clean clothes. So, I have no idea what to do about this. Any ideas?