• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Latest Wessely theory: PTSD due to frequency of flashback sequences in movies

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
This guy is bats*#t crazy. Sorry, I am being negative today because my doctor held off on filling my prescriptions. I disagreed with her again on what causes FMS and CFS (as in not trauma) and I guess that was my punishment. So, I am a little disgruntled. He is though, bats*^t crazy, that is.

This guy is bats*#t crazy. Sorry, I am being negative today because my doctor held off on filling my prescriptions. I disagreed with her again on what causes FMS and CFS (as in not trauma) and I guess that was my punishment. So, I am a little disgruntled. He is though, bats*^t crazy, that is.

Sorry to hear of another First hand experience. I've experienced the same from my doctors before, as we've all had. More often than not they have been contaminated by the psychobabble.

I'm constantly amazed how people who read a few articles, or follow their daily newspaper, often think they are "informed". When in fact, they have been duped!

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Sorry, I am being negative today because my doctor held off on filling my prescriptions. I disagreed with her again on what causes FMS and CFS (as in not trauma) and I guess that was my punishment. So, I am a little disgruntled.

I'm sorry about that!
sounds like you need a new doc

taniaaust1

Are Gulf War Vets the next population Wessley is going to alienate?

Yeap... we must be getting too much of a handful so he's trying to go after the old and feeble disabled now. I see him as one who targets the most defenceless patient groups there are.

SilverbladeTE

I'm having a flashback to quacks who claimed reading bumps on people's heads could tell you about the person!
In that case, Wessely must have more bumps on his head than Middenface McNulty!! :p

(refference to 2000AD sci-fi comic character, and, flashbacks were also used in comics a long time ago)

midden.jpg

Enid

Silverblade at Post 25.
Reminds me of my awful dreams - it was the psyches at the end of my bed ! Actually some "real Docs" taken over by the mumbo jumbo spouted the the mantra to me in A & E. I wish I had the energies to respond to "all in the mind" - at the time and say "and so are you" unfortunately. Lost it's bearings this branch with any real Medicine. You quote Shakespeare so "take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them" - which we will.

LMAO

Really when is prof wessely going to be sectioned under the lunatic act????. I can not believe this guy is actually employed :eek:

God help the gulf war vets