Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Latest results, comments welcome.

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by maryb, Oct 6, 2014.

1. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    img012.jpg Its taken some time but now have the results of some tests I did at the beginning of July. Any comments appreciated. I haven't the foggiest what all the positives mean.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    golden likes this.
  2. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    I see them posted above - don't you?

Well looks very positive for Cpn - I have that too, but mine is just IgG I ALSO HAVE HIGH IL8, but im afraid I don't know what it all means...Looks like a positive Yersinia as well.

Sorry I cant help. Hope you get some anwers here.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Thanks @justy I don't know what the differences between IgA and IgG are really. What was your IL8? no matter if you haven't the results to hand I know its a pain, they'realways where you aren't!!
    and @Valentijn was just editing them:(

Valentijn likes this.
  4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    The top ones look to be interleukins and other measures of systemic inflammation. They are often produced by macrophages. Elevations would indicate inflammation but I don't know much more than that. Some are pretty highly elevated and that goes along with your symptoms.

I'm not sure if the positive IgG means a past infection or a current one.

Will you be able to go over the results by phone or would you have to make a trip?

maryb and Valentijn like this.
  5. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    My IL8 was 2394 I have tried reading up on IL8, but it has made no difference to my general understanding i'm afraid.

maryb likes this.
  6. andre79

andre79 Senior Member

@maryb did you say you were diagnosed with lyme even though your results are negative? Or did i understand wrong?

7. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I was positive with Igenex but negative on this one.

See more popular forum discussions.