• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

last ditch effort to approve ampligen

Andrew

I just got a forward of this email. I voted

Dear Friends,

Someone who was moved by patient testimony at the FDA hearing on Ampligen started an online petition to the FDA, which has already gotten 2,300 signatures from patients like us. My husband Robert is planning to deliver the petition to the FDA by the February 2 approval deadline. Please join us in signing it and spreading it, so we can break 3,000 this week!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ampligen/

The FDA Advisory panel voted that Ampligen is safe enough to market, given the serious and life-threatening nature of the illness and the lack of any approved treatments or medicines in the pipeline.

The FDA is noticing patient involvement on this decision, which is very good for our illness. Thank you for your emails to the Secretary of Health and the FDA. Keep them coming too! This petition is important as well because the FDA hasn't gotten 3,000 signatures on our illness before.

We can't let the FDA deny the only medication for ME/CFS in advanced clinical trials and send a message to pharmaceutical companies that it won't approve ME/CFS treatments.

Please sign and spread it today! Thanks for your voices.

Courtney Miller
Reno, Nevada

Firestormm

Bob Miller on Hunger Strike

Please support my husband, Robert Miller, in his hunger strike to get FDA approval for Ampligen. Bob and I ask that other patients do Not follow this action. We need you to be our voices and advocates with the agencies and your Congress-people.

From Robert:

Yesterday January 29th, I began a hunger strike seeking FDA approval of Ampligen, the only medication in FDA-approved clinical trials for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, (ME/CFS).

The FDA Advisory Committee voted Ampligen is safe given the serious nature of CFS and the critical unmet need of patients.

Please support access to Ampligen for ALL ME/CFS PATIENTS by sending a note like the one below to the Secretary of Health Kathleen Sebelius, Assistant Secretary of Health Dr. Howard Koh, FDA Commissioner Dr. Margaret Hamburg, and FDA CDER Director Dr. Janet Woodcock and Deputy Director Dr. Sandra Kweder.

You can just copy and paste the emails below, there is also a Template to use as a guide.

Please also email or call your Congressional Representatives and Senators (look them up Here:Just click on your state, http://www.contactingthecongress.org/) and ask them to investigate why the FDA refuses to approve the ONLY medication for CFS despite safe testing for 20 years. This is a health crisis!

Email To: kathleen.sebelius@hhs.gov, margaret.hamburg@fda.hhs.gov, janet.woodcock@fda.hhs.gov, sandra.kweder@fda.hhs.gov, howard.koh@hhs.gov, ash@hhs.gov, bobmiller42@gmail.com

Subject: CFS Patient starts hunger strike for FDA approval of Ampligen

“Long-time ME/CFS patient Robert Miller from Reno, Nevada began a hunger strike in advance of the FDA’s Feb. 2nd, deadline to decide on Ampligen, the ONLY medication in clinical trials for my illness. I support Mr. Miller because my life has been stolen by ME/CFS and I need real treatment options. We have waited 20 years, and we can’t wait any longer. The FDA Advisory Committee voted Ampligen is safe enough to market because CFS is so serious and there are NO medications to treat patients. Please don’t let the FDA reject the only medication CFS patients can hope for any time soon.”

Your Full Name Here:
Address Here:
Years ill

Kati

Patient in training
Best wishes to Bob and his family.

thank you for this sacrifice. i will support the best I can. i have sent an email as directed above.

Firestormm

No announcement as at today (3rd February) but according to this from Research 1st (CAA) any decision would be sent to the manufacturer in confidence for them to relay presumably. The article linked also features Bob Miller's efforts to raise awareness.