1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Larch Arabinogalactan- for G.I. and Immune Health

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by TheMoonIsBlue, Dec 13, 2010.

1. TheMoonIsBlue

TheMoonIsBlue Senior Member

Has anyone tried this? I was looking at a product Thorne Research makes called Arabinex and the product description says:

"Larch arabinogalactan, a polysaccharide powder derived from the wood of Larix occidentalis (Western larch), possesses important immune-enhancing properties and is an excellent fiber source. It enhances colon health by increasing butyrate concentrations and levels of beneficial intestinal
    anaerobes.

Larch arabinogalactan may be an effective adjunct to cancer therapies due to its ability to enhance NK-cell cytotoxicity, stimulate the immune system, and inhibit metastasis. Chronic diseases characterized by decreased NK-cell activity including chronic fatigue syndrome, viral hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, and autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis may also benefit from larch arabinogalactan supplementation."

:thumbsup:

2. allwxrider

allwxrider

I did try a month's supply and didn't note any change. It's expensive.

If it's true that 70-80% of the immune system is in the gut then try reading some of the threads in the gut section. I'm on day 4 of a Leaky Gut kit from www.renewlife.com.
    Not to be gross, but having a huge cleansing BM is a wonderful thing.

3. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Bumping this thread. Seems that besides increasing healthy intestinal flora, it can also help to clear ammonia. Did anyone else try it? 15-30 grams a day would be quite expensive.

See more popular forum discussions.