1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lane, Hosking (2010) The pathogenesis of murine coronavirus infection of the central

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by WillowJ, Dec 24, 2010.

1. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    Lane TE, Hosking MP. "The pathogenesis of murine coronavirus infection of the central nervous system." Crit Rev Immunol. 2010;30(2):119-30. PMID: 20370625

Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, California 92697-3900, USA.

2. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    interesting that this starts with an acute infection in mice. That isn't present in human MS, is it?

3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    They have apparently really looked into what triggers relapses in MS - and infections do and stress can - and other things don't. Interesting that some periods of pregnancy appear to be good for MS and others bad - which I think is true for CFS. Here is some information on triggers....from Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis

4. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    triggers of relapses are interesting--thanks for doing the search for me (I was lazy last night because it was late). I was interested in initial onset, too.

WebMD says,
    I found an interesting case report of atypical onset of MS with silent coeliac disease and autoimmune hepatitis; they're saying "inflammatory immune-mediated damage of the CNS triggered by gluten could not be excluded" and MS-like disease with MRI abnormalities is a small subset in coeliacs.

See more popular forum discussions.