1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lancet Article by Gkikas Magiorkinis:April 2011

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Gamboa, Mar 30, 2011.

1. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    yes, as I've said, it would bring governments down, change things, and thus, we are left to rot and die...
    but it's insane, the causitve agent will inevitably mutate and bcome more transmissiable or harmful
    Imagine AIRBORNE ME/CFS!! gah!
    even if it doesn't, the continued toll is far worse than any war has ever been.
    17 million today we think...and more..and more..as time passes.
    the financial costs are staggering, the Human cost is a quiet apocalpyse.
    only a lunatic does that..and they are indeed,just lunatics who only see a short term gian versus long term catastrophy

2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Fascinating ukxmrv - Department of Zoology - I did think in my early days of disbelief all round that I would be better off with a Vet ! - (as can happen when you're falling about iller and iller and being called well)

3. Forebearance

Forebearance Senior Member

Great Plains, US
    What a great article! I'm so glad he wrote it.
    Watching the public awareness ads on tv for autism awareness day, which was a couple days ago, made me feel really sad. We really need the truth to come out about XMRV, no matter what it is. Even if it is something scandalous like people getting it from vaccines. The world deserves the truth about this.

4. toddm1960

toddm1960 Senior Member

Rochester, New York
    WOW....WOW.....WOW.....I can't wait to see how the cover up continues, it gets better and better.:victory:

5. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

the last line of the article in lancet says, "GM is supported by a Wellcome Trust grant." GM is the author. so what does THAT mean? the Wellcome Trust is anti-me/cfs, right?

6. Gamboa

Gamboa Senior Member

Canada
    Hopefully it won't mean that GM is soon to be out of a job. He might have just made serious some enemies with this daring hypothesis. Or, and I hope this is the case, he has helped bridge the gap between the "XMRV as contaminant" group and the "XMRV as human pathogen" group.

7. Gamboa

Gamboa Senior Member

Canada
    Currer,

Thanks for this. It took me a while to get through this but it was well worth it. I had always heard conspiracy theories about the dangers of vaccines but had no idea that there was actually some truth to some of the claims.

I visited a friend recently, an infectious disease physician at a major hospital, and mentioned some of the history behind vaccines that were contaminated with certain viruses and he was surprised. He is someone who has always advocated getting vaccines and insisted they were safe yet now I find out he is unaware of some of the past problems with certain vaccines. They didn't teach that in medical school and the vaccine companies that court the I.D. docs of course keep quite about any past vaccine contamination issues. I know I shouldn't be surprised by this but, once again, I am.

Hopefully history didn't repeat itself but I have a strong feeling that it did.

8. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Rrrr, it's why I was worried about a possible "career limiting move". Not only did he bite the hand that feeds him (Wellcome Trust) but he went up against a colleague who is a Fellow at Oxford. Very brave.

See more popular forum discussions.