1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Mighty Egg: New Life Springs Forth Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith finds that even with ME/CFS, new life as symbolized by the mighty egg, can still spring forth ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

lactoferrin

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by jimm, Aug 17, 2009.

1. jimm

jimm

lactoferrin I heard is supposed to be good for cfs/me, anyone know more about it or tried it? its supposed to do something to the immune system,
    cheers Jim
  2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Not sure, but I think I'm going to give it a try. I'll post with results, the only thing is that I will be adding a couple of other things as well and it might be hard to distinguish as which one may or my not have helped the most.
  3. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Hi, Jimm; lactoferrin is one of the active constituents in whey, and you will find some stuff if you chase up Immunocal, a Canadian made whey used by Cheney in his small trial years ago, which reported modest success. You could also look up www.aor.ca , the website of a research oriented Canadian supplement company (I think their stuff is widely sold in the US--I am Canadian!), and check out the "research" and "abstract" tabs on their postings for "lactoferrin," and especially "Immune Ultra," a very expensive whey they produce with a very high lactoferrin content--nearly 15%. They also make lactoferrin as a stand alone supplement. I have been using the whey for a while, and think it is helping a bit-but no quick recovery! Best wishes, Chris

See more popular forum discussions.