The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

lacto overgrowth vs fungal

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by kisekishiawase, Nov 15, 2017.

1. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    Ive been reading a lot about gut problem along with probiotic. And im still confuse if its ok for me to take lactobatilus. And since the digestive supplement here contain mostly that. So its hard for me.

The reason is that there are many cases where the problem is caused by lactobatilius overgrowth. And the symptoms are similiar to fungal overgrowth. So i dont know if its possible to test it. If my problem is lacto overgrowth and i take lacto probiotic wouldnt it makes it worse? :(

Another thing is brone brooth. Its supposed to be good for the gut. But if someone has high glutamate problem its a dilemma. I dont know wether to take it or not.

Could someone please shade some light...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    @kisekishiawase
    Have you had some type of testing to know if or what type of overgrowth you may have?

4. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    I know i have it from the symptoms, gas, bloating, food sensitivity, jittery, bladder problem.
    And ive eaten bad foods.

but there seems to be no test except endoscopy for this and ive been hestitant to do it
    @heapsreal

5. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Nystatin is a drug used for fungal/candida gut issues and is very safe and not systemically absorbed, it might be worth a try. Ive used this after experiencing gas and bloating after a long course of abx and its helped alot and i took a probiotic with 8 strains along with this to replace candida as it died off.

6. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    Hello, ive read about it on the web but its says its taken by mouth or skin and used for mouth infection and vaginal infection? :confused:

7. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    It comes in capsules for gut issues which is on prescription, the other forms i think are just otc treatments.

See more popular forum discussions.